Home made uhf antenna

BITT211

had time on my hands , made this uhf antenna using a [truck mirror bracket] , did some small modifications , to copper antenna , radials was bent and secured to base with home made clamps . antenna mounted attic only . this thing picks up excellent. county has repeaters throughout. center antenna , copper , 5" long -
radials , stainless steel - 7" long . freq. range - 424-460 mhz

Attachments

• IMG_4406[1].JPG
    IMG_4406[1].JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4403[1].JPG
    IMG_4403[1].JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 72

tjnevins

MXZ
Premium Subscriber
I made one a while back when I was in an apartment. Now I have a house and want to try the tri band version of this.

View attachment 137435
I made this exact one ... the only mod I made was to add 4 radials vs 2, although it's not perfectly clear if it's 4 or 2 from the instructions. I've used it for a couple of years, it's located in my attic and have since purchased a couple off the shelfs (mobile mini discone D220R) and another multiband that fell way short. I don't think you'll be disappointed,

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I made this exact one ... the only mod I made was to add 4 radials vs 2, although it's not perfectly clear if it's 4 or 2 from the instructions.

Yeah, the illustration is not the best. I did do 4 radials. Going to make the tri band real soon..

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It's difficult to tell from the pictures, depending on the lens you were using, the antennas look pretty close to each other.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
I made one a while back when I was in an apartment. Now I have a house and want to try the tri band version of this.
Now to find where I put my panel mounts
20230303-152057.jpg

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
Yeah older design

There are a few newer ones I'd like to print when I replace the extruder on my printer(or get a new printer, older printer parts getting hard to find)

tjnevins

MXZ
Premium Subscriber
1/4 wave ground plane looks great ... thanks for posting the other links, esp. the IOT antenna reviews. Good reads.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
I build
The Tri-Band 8 years ago and still using it. I can pick-up out to around 75 miles, it's in the top of my shack, which has metal siding.
Can't wait to get it mounted and try it out, had some partial sun, but the clouds were pushing thru , gutter bells have constantly water flow 🤷‍♂️