Home Patrol 1 and lenawee county Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk919

Hi
I am trying to program a Home Patrol 1 using the Home Patrol Sentinel software. I am wanting to add the new Lenawee county Mi system which is on the
MPSCS system. I found the talk groups etc and I believe I got them in right, but am receiving nothing. This is what I have in the scan list

Is this scanner not capable to receive this system or have I missed something?
Any help appreciated
Thanks Rick

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Be sure to update the database and if there are any firmware update available both options in sentinel and send those to the radio.

Assumption is not using favorite lists, so turn on "monitor full database" option n sentinel and the radio. Also put the range low even zero to then able to listen to your county and not as much unwanted transmissions.

N2NHL

I have the original Home Patrol, like you. It is capable of receiving P25 Phase 1, which MPSCS shows up as when I open up Sentinnel. Can you hear other agencies on the system? If so, then you should be able to hear the new ones on the same site that you are monitoring all of the other listenable agencies.

rk919

Thanks for the replies. I can receive the Fulton county Oh system which is p25. According to Radio Reference, I am in the coverage area for Lenawee County Mi.( I am less than a mile from the Mi state line) I did a manual check on the site frequencies ( which I am not sure what the results mean) I am guessing it's a tower close to me. The 853.8750(control channel) and 852.3750, 774.0562 give good antenna strength levels. The others do not. At times the departments and channels lights up but no voice. Antenna strength is 3-4. My squelch is set for 2 and range 30 miles. Is there any other setting to check either on the scanner or in the Sentinel setup? Other than a outside antenna, is there a better antenna to get than the stock one ?

My concern on using the entire database, doesn't it load everything on the system? Just in Lenawee County, there's a bunch of ones I don't care to listen to and have removed them from the favorites list.

Thanks in advance

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
Appears to be a 4 tower Simulcast system in the county.

Also, be sure you have the service types including what you want to listen to (Law Dispatch, Law Talk, etc.) and exclude the others. That helps a lot if you decide to go with the entire database.

Status
Not open for further replies.