Home Patrol 1- Cabarrus County N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer09

I have owned a Hone Patrol 1 for a few years, but have not really enjoyed my experience. I live in Cabarrus County, but I am not receiving hardly anything from my
county. I do get Mecklenburg and Charlotte. What can I do? I do not have any modifications or have I done the extreme upgrade. Any suggestions?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@Hammer09 I hear that said often about scanners, but I would much rather see them as a challenge to figuring out how to make them work better for you.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The database says that Concord uses that system. You would use the Cabarrus Simulcast site and the Cabarrus Co and Concord talkgroups.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much for your help. So far, this HP1 has been the most expensive paper weight I have ever purchased!

Have you updated the database and firmware in your HP-1 recently?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I don't own an HP1 or any HP scanners, so what I tell you may not be accurate.

I suspect that since you're receiving Charlotte And Meck Co radio traffic, that your scanner is monitoring one of the UASI systems in Mecklenburg County. What's important to understand is that the Charlotte UASI system is a regional system used by different agencies, and not all agencies' radio traffic is carried on all sites. In this specific case, Concord/Cabarrus Co radio traffic is only carried on the Cabarrus site, and not on any of the Meck County sites. If you used location information to automatically load information into the scanner, it's possible that you loaded information for Charlotte and Meck County, including UASI site information, and your HP1 is getting "hung up" scanning that site (or sites) and not scanning the Cabarrus site.

As others have mentioned, you'll need to ensure that your HP1 is properly configured to receive specifically the Cabarrus site of the UASI system, and no other sites. That may require updating the database information in your radio and configuring specific Favorites lists. I believe both of these tasks are achieved using the Sentinel program on your computer and uploading that information from your computer to your HP1.

I hope this is helpful information and you improve your radio performance to your satisfaction.

Hammer09

I don't own an HP1 or any HP scanners, so what I tell you may not be accurate.

I suspect that since you're receiving Charlotte And Meck Co radio traffic, that your scanner is monitoring one of the UASI systems in Mecklenburg County. What's important to understand is that the Charlotte UASI system is a regional system used by different agencies, and not all agencies' radio traffic is carried on all sites. In this specific case, Concord/Cabarrus Co radio traffic is only carried on the Cabarrus site, and not on any of the Meck County sites. If you used location information to automatically load information into the scanner, it's possible that you loaded information for Charlotte and Meck County, including UASI site information, and your HP1 is getting "hung up" scanning that site (or sites) and not scanning the Cabarrus site.

As others have mentioned, you'll need to ensure that your HP1 is properly configured to receive specifically the Cabarrus site of the UASI system, and no other sites. That may require updating the database information in your radio and configuring specific Favorites lists. I believe both of these tasks are achieved using the Sentinel program on your computer and uploading that information from your computer to your HP1.

I hope this is helpful information and you improve your radio performance to your satisfaction.
Thanks for your help. I don't think I understand everything I know about this scanner, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.