Home Patrol 1 Extreme version - out of box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9upc

I am looking at upgrading to either one of the new Uniden digital and I am torn between the new ones and the Home Patrol 1. The thing that is drawing me to the Home Patrol 1 is the 'extreme upgrade'. This has features that I can use for my work but if I have to buy the scanner as well as the upgrade I would not be to happy.

Therefore, does anybody know if the Home Patrol 1 comes standard now with the features that are in the 'extreme upgrade'?

Thanks in advance to any insight!

JamesO

I am looking at upgrading to either one of the new Uniden digital and I am torn between the new ones and the Home Patrol 1. The thing that is drawing me to the Home Patrol 1 is the 'extreme upgrade'. This has features that I can use for my work but if I have to buy the scanner as well as the upgrade I would not be to happy.

Therefore, does anybody know if the Home Patrol 1 comes standard now with the features that are in the 'extreme upgrade'?

Thanks in advance to any insight!

The 436HP is supposed to have the "Extreme" features once newer firmware is released. When this will happen is anyone's guess, but I would hope by January 2015?? We are almost 6 months into the release of the 536HP and still do not have a working smart phone App and WiFi connection. It is supposed to be released very soon, but Uniden is still dealing with bugs and issues at the moment. Should have been working when the x36HP;s were released, however, many issues have overtaken the System Analysis feature release.

The HP1 will not have the Extreme features unless you find a used one. You should be able to get one on ebay for around $300-$350 with the Extreme upgrade already added if you search and are patient.

lep

Please note the HP-1 has a COLOR screen, the 536 does NOT so that will not be change by any firmware modifications.

phask

Premium Subscriber
If you find a cheap used one it's very ez to add the extreme. Still 100 but worth it if you need it.

I have one with and one without.

Status
Not open for further replies.