Home Patrol 1 Florida FHP

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, I'm down in Florida vacationing, can't seem to hear any FHP...I have set location and used GPS but I can't find anything mentioned for FHP...WHat frequencies are they on 800, P25 etc, I don't see anything listed
for the State of FLorida HPon the the Home Patrol Sentinel .can anyone tell me where they are..DOes the county perhaps dispatch them which I doubt..I am currently in Lee County, Ft Myers area ..
Thanks
Bruce

mk262

Premium Subscriber
http://forums.radioreference.com/fl...frequently-asked-quesions-laws-slers-fhp.html

FHP is EDACS ESK (problem #1 for most scanners), provoice (problem #2 for all scanners unless you use DSD) and encrypted (problem #3 for anything).

If you listen to 155.37 conventional you may occasionally hear them talking to local SO's. I'd also recommend loading all the 800mhz interop frequencies, and anything else not mentioned that you see http://www.dms.myflorida.com/media/...d/mutual_aid_component_frequency_allaocations as they sometimes use those too.

Last edited:
Well that explains that thanks...however I have been readingin radio ref some people can monitor the EDACS but I don't know if thats the exact same system as FHP, they say they get beeps at the end of transmissions which is very annoying...
Thanks though..
BJ

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Well that explains that thanks...however I have been readingin radio ref some people can monitor the EDACS but I don't know if thats the exact same system as FHP, they say they get beeps at the end of transmissions which is very annoying...
Thanks though..
BJ

EDACS can be monitored with a lot of scanners, EDACS ESK can be monitored with some scanners (this is the type of EDACS FHP uses), but the provoice and encryption are problems.

If you want to know what kind of system is used by an agency, use the database and start looking them up. Most all the information is in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.