Home patrol 1 not receiving high band

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryank104

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a hp 1 on eBay. I have updated the firmware to 2.06. The scanner will only receive uhf 400 megahertz frequencies. It will nor receive high band frequencies. All the service selections have been turned on. I tried different sd cards. I know there is activity on the high band frequencies, they haven’t went to trunking or encryption I receive the Counties I have programmed in the scanner in other scanners and receiving them fine. I have looked a hp2 I have and they seem to be the programmed the same. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong

RBMTS

Like Jon is asking, let us know if you are using the OEM stock 90 degree antenna. The wire making the 90 degree turn can wear out. But if the antenna was bad you'd have the receiving problem on all bands. But try a different antenna from one of your other scanners or radios. Put the HP1 on it's side to make the antenna vertical.

Another test would be to do a quick entry of your local NOAA weather station frequency for your area - or go to the weather feature in the radio. If you can't hear that then the scanner has a problem.

bryank104

Premium Subscriber
A telescoping antenna. Also have hooked into my outdoor antenna and no it wont receive the weather channel’s either

Bob1955

Ya im thinking the same. That’s for the reply’s
Why don't you try to send it back to the seller utilizing eBays return policy since the product is defective. How did this seller advertise this HP-1 and how long have you owned it? To send it in for repairs is a $69.95 flat rate repair. I would go the other route first.

bryank104

Premium Subscriber
I got for s good price. So the repair money added in still is cheaper than most I have found. And the scanner was advertised in working condition. Other than the receive problem its in very good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.