Home Patrol 1 questions. Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooze007

Sir. I have a home patrol 1. My scanner has in the last 2 weeks on the home screen has come up with a error message that say. My SIM card is corrupted and my screen goes blue and won’t scan. The screen stays blue. I disconnected it and I unplugged it. Took out the batteries. Left it sit for about 2 minutes. Then I plug it back in and it seems to re scan. It tells me to put the batteries in and charge them up. It seems to work. A couple of days later it does it again. All I have tried to do is what I described above. I called uniden and they said to buy a new plug and I just got it 10 days ago and the same thing has happened twice in 10 days with the new Power cord. Can someone help me get it running right again. I do have the scanner program on my computer. It runs windows 10. I don’t know what to do and I am hoping I don’t have to send it back to uniden To be repaired if some one could get in touch with me and help me get it fixed by chance. Could someone call me or write to me a detailed plan of what to do. It would be greatly aprciated. Scooze007@yahoo.com. My name is William. I can provide my phone number if someone could help me. Thankyou so much for your time reguarding this matter. Have a great day.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you have a card reader in your computer, reformat the SD card. The SD card controls everything in the scanner and can cause a multitude of problems. SD cards are notorious for failure. Your best bet would probably be to replace the SD card.

scooze007

If you have a card reader in your computer, reformat the SD card. The SD card controls everything in the scanner and can cause a multitude of problems. SD cards are notorious for failure. Your best bet would probably be to replace the SD card.
Can you get any SIM card. Do you need one from uniden. Thankyou.

dragonball

recheck your mini sd card to see if it in all the way, i did that same thing 3 weeks ago.i took out the 2 batteries put in new batteries it showed error. the bottom of the battery hit the side of the card.it was ejected far enough to do that.

scooze007

Just to clarify, your HP1 does not have a SIM card, it has a SD card.
It came with a Sd card installed when I bought it from uniden

recheck your mini sd card to see if it in all the way, i did that same thing 3 weeks ago.i took out the 2 batteries put in new batteries it showed error. the bottom of the battery hit the side of the card.it was ejected far enough to do that.
Thankyou I will check

scooze007

Just to clarify, your HP1 does not have a SIM card, it has a SD card.
Could you tell me where to get a SD card. My scanner is doing the blue screen Again. Even after I erased it. My card must be corupt. Is there a certain size I need for the scanner. I just need a SD card. Can you buy that at Best Buy. Where can you get one. Do you have to get one from uniden. Thankyou for your time today.

scooze007

Make sure you get a high endurance SD Card.

As @phask stated, it's an SD card inside the unit, not a SIM card.
What is a high endurance SD card. Where can you get one. Best Buy. Where can you get one. What kind do I need. Can you describe in detail so I don’t get ripped off. Thankyou so much for your help.

scooze007

I went to Wal Mart. The lowest card was 16 SD card. I bought it. Can I use it. If I can what should I do to use it. What steps do I need to take. Power on or how to install it if I can use it. They don’t have a 4 GB card. . I don’t know what to do. Thankyou for your time.

eg153wftx

I went to Wal Mart. The lowest card was 16 SD card. I bought it. Can I use it. If I can what should I do to use it. What steps do I need to take. Power on or how to install it if I can use it. They don’t have a 4 GB card. . I don’t know what to do. Thankyou for your time.
That card will work. you need to reformat the card first ( does your computer have a SD card reader?) once formated open sentinel and just plug the cord into the USB of your computer select mass storage on on the scanner then use the drop down tab from "homepatrol" and write to scanner follow on screen prompts and it will load the full database and favorites list to the unit...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
You won't be able to write to a new card (or a newly formatted card) from Sentinel until you use the "clear user data" function in Sentinel.

scooze007

That card will work. you need to reformat the card first ( does your computer have a SD card reader?) once formated open sentinel and just plug the cord into the USB of your computer select mass storage on on the scanner then use the drop down tab from "homepatrol" and write to scanner follow on screen prompts and it will load the full database and favorites list to the unit...
I had to clear the data but I got it to work. Thankyou so much for all of your help. A tweak here or there. With all the answers my son helped walk me through formatting a new card. It does work. Thankyou to everyone in here that offered great advice. Fxdscon offered great advise. I couldn’t figure it out but I finally did. You have to have the power cord and the scanner cord plugged in together. You have to hilight the drive and clear the data and rewrite to the card. It works. Thankyou To everyone Who helped me. I was going to buy a new scanner. You all saved me a lot of money. I yhink the highest card you can get or use for the home patrol one is 16 SD card, no higher won’t work. Thankyou again.

Status
Not open for further replies.