Home patrol 1 Sentinel and Waterbury CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkalach

Sorry for the newbie question but I have a Homepatrol 1 and Sentinel software. I just updated the firmware and database but the Waterbury CT frequencies are not correct. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the newbie question but I have a Homepatrol 1 and Sentinel software. I just updated the firmware and database but the Waterbury CT frequencies are not correct. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are the frequencies correct in the Radio Reference database at this link?

Check the date of the database in your scanner:

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?

Last edited:

jkalach

Are the frequencies correct in the Radio Reference database at this link?

Check the date of the database in your scanner:

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?
The date is 07/05/2020.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Why are you saying they are incorrect? Is your scanner not receiving them or do you know of any changes via insider contact?

chris

jkalach

Why are you saying they are incorrect? Is your scanner not receiving them or do you know of any changes via insider contact?

chris

They are different than what is on the Radioref database and they are silent (I’m one town away).

cg

Premium Subscriber
So you are hearing the system and trunktracking it fine with frequencies that are different from the RR database? What is the control channel you are using?
If you are simply trying to get it working from a RR download and it won't, that is different than the database is incorrect. Is the system turned on? Are the Service Types you want to hear on?

chris

jkalach

So you are hearing the system and trunktracking it fine with frequencies that are different from the RR database? What is the control channel you are using?
If you are simply trying to get it working from a RR download and it won't, that is different than the database is incorrect. Is the system turned on? Are the Service Types you want to hear on?

chris
Thanks for all the replies. The reason I got the Homepatrol is that it’s plug and play. So I really don’t have the knowledge to answer your questions. I’ve updated the unit with the latest database using Sentinel. I’m monitoring Waterbury and do not hear a thing and I should be with my location.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the replies. The reason I got the Homepatrol is that it’s plug and play. So I really don’t have the knowledge to answer your questions. I’ve updated the unit with the latest database using Sentinel. I’m monitoring Waterbury and do not hear a thing and I should be with my location.

Have you enabled the appropriate service types in the scanner for the agencies you are trying to monitor?

Check this link....

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If the frequencies don't match RadioReference you haven't correctly updated the database in Sentinel, and/or need to write to the scanner to update the database in the scanner with the updated database in Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.