Home Patrol 1 verse 396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

markab

They're already there. The HP1 comes with the entire RRDB. Just punch in your zip code and then select the services you want to scan. You can also "avoid" any dept. you don't want to monitor.

Mark

reitan_family

I'm told by my friend that he does not hear any "digital" channels that I hear on my Uniden. Thats why I thought I would just dump my channels to his scanner if it can be done???

If your friend has done his firmware and weekly database updates then the channels are there. Make sure he has the scanner setup to the correct location (zip code) and does not have the channels he wants to listen to avoided.

If your friend has done his firmware and weekly database updates then the channels are there. Make sure he has the scanner setup to the correct location (zip code) and does not have the channels he wants to listen to avoided.

A couple of other things to check are the settings for range and attenuation. Has he tried connecting an external antenna to the radio?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
you cant dump the 396 scanners memory into the HP-1.

Just enter your zip code or city and it should start scanning.. and hold on those system you think are getting in the 396

I'm told by my friend that he does not hear any "digital" channels that I hear on my Uniden. Thats why I thought I would just dump my channels to his scanner if it can be done???

Status
Not open for further replies.