HOME Patrol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problems.........I live in Minnesota......I am now down in Florida, I have Pasco County downloaded but I can't get multiple data base here..It will only go to full data base. It keeps going to the menu and says I have voided all my channels, which I havent, it says try range..and menu etc...It won't work unless I go to
full data base. When it loads its loading WI and MN, why doesn't it load Florida for multiple data base...I will only load Florida for full data base...in other words the radio is acting like I am in Minnesota..I have set
my location and that still doesn't work...

Help....Thanks
Bruce

rwier

When I decided to purchase my first HP-1, I downloaded (for free, no radio purchase required) the Sentinel Software, prepared Favorite Lists, both for my local area, and for prospective travel. When my radio arrived, I was scanning almost immediately, much the same as now. This was over 14 months ago and I have basically only had to put in my own "tags" on any editable titles or names.

The fact that you did not use the words "Favorite List" nor "Sentinel" in your question is deeply troubling. This is just my view, I am well aware that others differ.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
why doesn't it load Florida for multiple data base...I will only load Florida for full data base...in other words the radio is acting like I am in Minnesota..I have set

I don't think anybody understands what you mean by multiple database.

There's no such terminology in the HP-1's manual.

If you mean you have set a favourites list, then chances are it doesn't have any Florida channels in it.

If it does have Florida channels in it, then make sure you've turned location control on.

You need to select the full database, set your location, select your services and set your range.

This should get you your Flrida channels from the location you selected.

Last edited:
My favorite lists

I have Pasco in my favorite lists, I have downloaded all the frequencies I want to monitor and it will not select the county I want after I accept it..it keeps going to the menu,range,void and I can't get what I down loaded.
The only way I can get it Pasco county is going to full data base..it won't let me select use multiple lists..

Thanks
Bruce

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Problems.........I live in Minnesota......I am now down in Florida, I have Pasco County downloaded but I can't get multiple data base here..It will only go to full data base. It keeps going to the menu and says I have voided all my channels, which I havent, it says try range..and menu etc...It won't work unless I go to
full data base. When it loads its loading WI and MN, why doesn't it load Florida for multiple data base...I will only load Florida for full data base...in other words the radio is acting like I am in Minnesota..I have set

Help....Thanks
Bruce
Have you changed the location, in the scanner (used the zip code where you are now) and told the scanner to use the location to select & load channels?

If you are still using a favorites list that was created for WI & MN, and that list was set to ignore location data, possibly using the software, then the HP-1 will continue to load the 'out of state' data, instead of Florida.

If you have not already done so, I would suggest creating an entirely new Favorites list, starting with the zip code (or city name) of your current location.

When I decided to purchase my first HP-1, I downloaded (for free, no radio purchase required) the Sentinel Software, prepared Favorite Lists, both for my local area, and for prospective travel. When my radio arrived, I was scanning almost immediately, much the same as now. This was over 14 months ago and I have basically only had to put in my own "tags" on any editable titles or names.

The fact that you did not use the words "Favorite List" nor "Sentinel" in your question is deeply troubling. This is just my view, I am well aware that others differ.
I'd agree with you. I have several favorites lists where "location" is set to "ignore". I did this to 'freeze' the favorites list programming with systems that I know I can hear, but that are beyond the range settings of the scanner. Some of systems have an artificially low range setting in the database, or I'm hearing them from a longer distance when using an external antenna. I've also added some frequencies not in the database, that I don't want chance being 'flushed' if location based loading was used on that list.

KD0OTK

If you are returning to Minnesota anytime, there is a scanner meetup this Saturday. Lots of folks come, we could sort out your issues pretty easily

OCO

I can guarantee that using the "new right out of box" mode (Just an updated full database, range of 15 miles and a zip code of 33541 for me) will get you more of Pasco and Hillsborough counties to listen to than you'll want..;)

lep

Just a week ago I was in Ocooe (Orange County, FL) (I was only visiting, I don't live in FL) and got the same error messages at first...all channles adovided, etc...which I knew was incorrect. It was due to operator error on my part in not using the Menu system properly to 'get out of' multiple databases which I use most of the time when I am at home. It took me about 10 minutes to remember what to do. There was nothing wrong with the scanner at all! And I suspect there is nothing wrong with yours either, just study the operating Manual at little more, put in the proper zip code, adjust the range, and you will no doubt be quickly scanning again!

LEP

rwier

.....................I'd agree with you. I have several favorites lists where "location" is set to "ignore". I did this to 'freeze' the favorites list programming with systems that I know I can hear, but that are beyond the range settings of the scanner. Some of systems have an artificially low range setting in the database, or I'm hearing them from a longer distance when using an external antenna. I've also added some frequencies not in the database, that I don't want chance being 'flushed' if location based loading was used on that list.

The great thing about setting up Favorite Lists for travel, is that with the GPS (yes, it works with Favorite Lists), you can travel cross country, and only hear what you would be hearing if you lived at any given location along the way. Done correctly, you can travel all day, without touching the radio, and hear ALL, and ONLY that which you would want to hear if you lived at any of those locations along the way. It's mind-boggling!

Rob

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The great thing about setting up Favorite Lists for travel, is that with the GPS (yes, it works with Favorite Lists), you can travel cross country, and only hear what you would be hearing if you lived at any given location along the way. Done correctly, you can travel all day, without touching the radio, and hear ALL, and ONLY that which you would want to hear if you lived at any of those locations along the way. It's mind-boggling!

Rob
Yep
I have a list set up for an occasional trip I take, and picked up a GPS @ Christmas. Works like a champ, turning systems on & off as I drive. For use at home, and other stationary locations, I normally use a "non-location" list, tailored specifically for those areas.

rwier

Yep
I have a list set up for an occasional trip I take, and picked up a GPS @ Christmas. Works like a champ, turning systems on & off as I drive. For use at home, and other stationary locations, I normally use a "non-location" list, tailored specifically for those areas.

Perfect Use!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.