Home Patrol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
Is there ANYTHING you can do to increase the audio from this radio? Uniden made this great little radio, but put one of the worst speakers inside of it. For the price of this radio, they could have put a good speaker on it. I have tried a few different extension speakers and still not able to increase the audio.

marksmith

Is there ANYTHING you can do to increase the audio from this radio? Uniden made this great little radio, but put one of the worst speakers inside of it. For the price of this radio, they could have put a good speaker on it. I have tried a few different extension speakers and still not able to increase the audio.
Generally you will need to use a powered speaker.

I bought a cheap set of amazon basics computer speakers that power by USB and there is tons of solid clear volume.

Can power by 110v using a converter or car cigarette lighter usb adaptor.

Cost about $15. World of difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber

For the amount of voltage and current available you can not have much of a audio amp circuit.

Pyro658

Alright I will have to stop by staples on the way home from work then. I just haven't had any luck yet with trying to boost this audio

Pyro658

I purchased a crappy pair of speakers from target, Logotec , then ran the uniden speaker into those. It works out perfectly.

marksmith

So how about the bcd536hp? Powered or non powered speakers?
Same issue. 436 Radio was built for very quiet environment, and can not drive much other than its own speaker. You need too hook to external power there too.

536 is pretty loud all by itself. I do use an external though just to change the tone.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.