HP-2: Home Patrol 2 not registering on computer

k2fyfn30

Premium Subscriber
The software can not find the scanner on my computer both Sentinel and Arc Patrol have the same problem seeing the scanner. Yes i did check to see Net 2.0 is installed

Thank is advance

cincyexpat

Premium Subscriber
From page 26 of the User Manual. I was having the same trouble until I found this yesterday.

How to Install Sentinel Software
If you have not already installed Sentinel software, follow these procedures.
1. Use the USB cable to connect HomePatrol‐II to your PC.
2. Turn on HomePatrol‐II if it is not already on. Select Mass Storage. The HomePatrol‐II screen
turns white while it is connected to the PC.
3. Sentinel software installation should begin immediately. If it does not, open the drive folder and
run Setup.exe in the Setup folder.
4. When installation is complete, Sentinel software and various documents are installed on your
PC.
5. Disconnect the USB cable. HomePatrol‐II begins initial setup procedures.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
From page 26 of the User Manual. I was having the same trouble until I found this yesterday.

How to Install Sentinel Software
If you have not already installed Sentinel software, follow these procedures.
1. Use the USB cable to connect HomePatrol‐II to your PC.
2. Turn on HomePatrol‐II if it is not already on. Select Mass Storage. The HomePatrol‐II screen
turns white while it is connected to the PC.
3. Sentinel software installation should begin immediately. If it does not, open the drive folder and
run Setup.exe in the Setup folder.
4. When installation is complete, Sentinel software and various documents are installed on your
PC.
5. Disconnect the USB cable. HomePatrol‐II begins initial setup procedures.

Depending on when a new Home Patrol 2 was actually manufactured, the Sentinel installation from the SD card as described in #3 may result in an out-of-date version of Sentinel being installed on your PC. Always best to use the latest Sentinel version from Uniden posted on this page: