home patrol 2 problem - won't switch to ac power

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrycaya

Premium Subscriber
Brought home patrol 2 a while back and got Sentinal programmimg running great.
I notice batteries running down quickly. I always used a dc plug I got from scanner master
and plugged my hp 2 into a socket nearby. When I turn off hp 2 it says I'm using my
battery and when it gets low it will auto shutoff. I even tried a mini cable from my hp 2
to my home computer directly with same result , it says I'm running on battaries.
I NEVER got a screen saying do I want dc or battaries ????? is there a special place in menu
to look for a screen to say what power I choose to use ??? Do I need to look some where
in the menu for a power option ? Thanks for any assistance Guys... Gerry

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I never owned one... But info on page 29 and 30 in the manual...

Attachments

• HOMEPATROL-2om.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

gerrycaya

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the reply, I tried recharging the original battaries, they quickly discharged
after only a hour so I got a new set of battaries. I closely looked over the menu options
and couldn't find anything referring to a power option screen where it would ask you if
you wanted to use battaries or ac power.

gerrycaya

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the link, thats what I was looking for. Tried those suggestions
but still could not get either the "start charging" or the "select USB mode"
message to appear. I'll keep trying different cables or ac adapters. Sent for
another one from scanner master. I may have a defective mini USB on my HP 2.
really appreciate your help, the link info was helpful to at least try. thanks again.

gerrycaya

Premium Subscriber
found the problem by accident, I tried a regular USB to mini cable I was using on side of my powered easy chair.
lo and behold when I plugged it in it asked if I want to charge and I responded 'NO' and next screen to pop up
finally was asking if I wanted to switch to "dc power" . When I clicked on that the unit showed a lightning rod
where battaries icon was. All that trouble over a defective or wrong usb cable, may have been an old one I
had lying around. Saved me $700 , was thinking about getting a sd 200 which looked great. thanks everyone who helped.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Glad you solved the problem. I use Garmin GPS USB cables since I a bunch of them leftover from old GPS units.

Status
Not open for further replies.