HP-2: Home Patrol 2, Software issues.

dwayne0564

Hello,

Trying to download the Sentinel software, and when I click the link, for the download, I get a 404-error code on the website, anyone else having this issue.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Trying to download the Sentinel software, and when I click the link, for the download, I get a 404-error code on the website, anyone else having this issue.
I just used fxdscon's link and had no problem downloading the file. If your ISP is T-Mobile, that is the problem.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
There are a lot of older links for various Uniden sites (not just the Home Patrol) that are now broken. This was one of the original support links for the Home Patrol that offered the Sentinel software download (mentioned in the HP owner's manual) that is now dead, and there are probably others...

Usually, issues with ISPs such as T-Mobile or some of the satellite ISP providers (HughesNet) were happening with the database or firmware updates done through Sentinel once Sentinel was installed and running on the computer. Those update functions use FTP transfers which those ISPs have issues with.

I don't recall any of those ISP's having issues with the HTTP links for the download of the Sentinel software package itself.