Home Patrol 2 Version Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfd461

Premium Subscriber
I own the HP 2. I have read threads on here that the latest version for this scanner is 2.05. So I checked my version and it states it is 1.05. So I connected the scanner to my PC and checked for firmware update and it tells me I have the latest version. I don't see how that is possible if my version is 1.05. Any ideas why I am getting this info? Just a thought is there a different version of the Sentinal software which would give me this bad info.? Thanks for any help

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I own the HP 2. I have read threads on here that the latest version for this scanner is 2.05. So I checked my version and it states it is 1.05. So I connected the scanner to my PC and checked for firmware update and it tells me I have the latest version. I don't see how that is possible if my version is 1.05. Any ideas why I am getting this info? Just a thought is there a different version of the Sentinal software which would give me this bad info.? Thanks for any help

The current firmware versions for the Home Patrol 2 are:

Main Firmware Version: 1.05
Sub Firmware Version: 1.02

There have been no further firmware updates for that scanner since it was released.

The current version of the Sentinel software you should be using is:

version 2.03 (revision 02).

Can you post a link to the thread that says the Home Patrol 2 firmware is at 2.05?

Last edited:

pfd461

Premium Subscriber
That was probably my error. I'm sure you are right as far version 2.03. My apology.

Astrogoth13

Unless you charge for the extra features available in a newer firmware version:)
Now the question is, will Uniden offer paid upgrades for DMR (and NXDN if they ever implement it) for the HP2?

We both know they will make us buy another 500 Dollar scanner for DMR as they have in the past for P25 II. That's not what bugs me. Not as much as no small firmware updates with bug fixes and small feature upgrades. You'd think for all those hundreds of dollars we deserve at least a couple right? AGC needs a tweak. A per channel selectable delay, a SCAN button etc etc. Nothing big, just a new kind of wiper blade or improved brain firmware using the automotive analog.

ron_tn

I just bought a new HP-2 in Dec. 2017 and the Sentinel software is 2.03 ( 05 ) and I just updated the data base that said 12/31/2017 and firmware is 105. That I'm told died in 2014 and has NEVER been updated

Last edited:

ron_tn

Uniden's HP2 has died ......4 years and no firmware update?....For 500.00 dollars it should cook meals....lol.
I own a Garmin GPS and Net gear router and NEVER pay for firmware updates.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Almost a year later and not one word from Uniden.

Did Uniden post somewhere that they were going to make an announcement about the HP-2 that you are expecting? Can you post a link to that?

phask

Premium Subscriber
Uniden's HP2 has died ......4 years and no firmware update?....For 500.00 dollars it should cook meals....lol.
I own a Garmin GPS and Net gear router and NEVER pay for firmware updates.

AFAIK - no one has ever paid for a Uniden Firmware update either.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Did Uniden post somewhere that they were going to make an announcement about the HP-2 that you are expecting? Can you post a link to that?

No, that's the issue. This is the Uniden Tech Support forum and this question has been asked MANY times and UPMan has never said one way or the other. If there is no future plans then would like to sell my home Patrol 2 and put that money toward a DMR capable scanner.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Whistler scanners don't actually follow trunked NXDN systems. They just scan the site frequencies, and if there are multiple conversations going on, it will not follow a specific conversation.

But that's more than Uniden scanners do at this point.

Ubbe

Wrong. It will follow a specific conversation just fine for as long as the delay timer are set for that TG or radio-id.

/Ubbe

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.