Home patrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmith

I do not see a system called Wayne County.

Dearborn Heights is on the Phase 1 P25 system called MPSCS (Michigan's Public Safety Communications System)

The HP1 or HP2 radios can receive this system. It is a big statewide system with a lot of sites, so once you load it you will get all kinds of stuff.

You will probably need to lock out or delete some of the sites to just scan your own area.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

marksmith

copy ,, thanks mark.. ill continue to play with it I guess :)
I would recommend creating a favorites list with just this system (MPSCS) in it. (You will find it under Wayne County in the database.) Right click on it and append to favorites list. ..then name a new one.

Then... go to the profile.
Then turn off the full database and set this favorites list to download and monitor yes.

Upload to the radio and just this statewide system will run.

Using Sentinel with a little practice, you will like the HP2

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

jim28chuckie

Thanks for your help guys.

kind of weird, Dearborn heights is Project 25 Phase I.. They don't talk very much.. makes me think I have my settings wrong. strange...but every now and then they will key up. I rarely here any dispatch or traffic stops for a big city like the heights. any suggestions? Home patrol 2..Thanks.. jim

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
kind of weird, Dearborn heights is Project 25 Phase I.. They don't talk very much.. makes me think I have my settings wrong. strange...but every now and then they will key up. I rarely here any dispatch or traffic stops for a big city like the heights. any suggestions? Home patrol 2..Thanks.. jim
Have you updated the scanner's database? Not just updating Sentinel, but also then updating the scanner itself?

Are you using a Favorites list, or scanning the main database by entering your location and a range?

Also, take a look at your service types that are enabled. You can see that in Sentinel under your Profile. By default, the scanner comes with Dispatch service types enabled: Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch, etc.

But a lot of talkgroups are labeled otherwise, such as Law Talk, Fire Tac, Multi-Dispatch Talk. Make sure that these are also enabled in the profile, both on the scanner and in Sentinel.

Golay

Wayne County

I just got the home patrol 2 scanner. I was wondering why I cant hear Dearborn heights police? is there a setting I'm missing ? Thanks guys.

Are you listening to 853.300?
Western Wayne and the county used to be by itself on 800 Mhz. It's my understanding that a couple three years ago they added the existing stuff to the statewide system.. I don't listen to much north of Van Born, (actually not much north of Pennsylvania Rd) so I'm not an expert on your neck of the woods. Just a theory, as east as the Heights is, some traffic may be on the MSPSC site in Detroit (not the Detroit simulcast), the state site on top of Penobscot.

Wayne County Simulcast Site Details (Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS))

Last edited:

opps2016

There is plenty of traffic from Dearborn Hgts on both the Western Wayne and Detroit Simulcast. Penobscot is part of the Detroit simulcast

Are you listening to 853.300?
Western Wayne and the county used to be by itself on 800 Mhz. It's my understanding that a couple three years ago they added the existing stuff to the statewide system.. I don't listen to much north of Van Born, (actually not much north of Pennsylvania Rd) so I'm not an expert on your neck of the woods. Just a theory, as east as the Heights is, some traffic may be on the MSPSC site in Detroit (not the Detroit simulcast), the state site on top of Penobscot.

Wayne County Simulcast Site Details (Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS))

Status
Not open for further replies.