HP-2: Home patrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potsie19

Just got a home patrol 2 , my first scanner so I don't know the lingo yet. I got this one cause I could just put in the zip code and go. Well it was receiving calls for a little bit but then it stopped. I haven't heard a sound out of it for 14 hours. Reception has 0-1 bar . I'm only 4 miles from the center of my town so don't think it's a reception issue. I have master reset it to see if I maybe hit a wrong button or something. I only have a chromebook so was not able to program with the web programming. I live in Alpena Mi 49707 , Alpena county

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Just got a home patrol 2 , my first scanner so I don't know the lingo yet. I got this one cause I could just put in the zip code and go. Well it was receiving calls for a little bit but then it stopped. I haven't heard a sound out of it for 14 hours. Reception has 0-1 bar . I'm only 4 miles from the center of my town so don't think it's a reception issue. I have master reset it to see if I maybe hit a wrong button or something. I only have a chromebook so was not able to program with the web programming. I live in Alpena Mi 49707 , Alpena county

To start off with, you should get some means of running at least the free Sentinel programming software to update the database in the scanner. Even though you just purchased it, the database could be way out of date. A Windows operating system is required for the Sentinel software.

Potsie19

I have chromebooks, so I dug the old windows 7 out of the attic, I'm computer dumb and can't figure it out. I'm in Alpena mi and it's Alpena county. Just looking to monitor police, fire, and ambulance

Ubbe

Well it was receiving calls for a little bit but then it stopped.
If you didn't do anything to it and it just stopped to receive by itself then it can't be any programming error or outdated database. Look at the antenna and the connector to see that it hasn't fallen apart in some way.

Go to the scanners menu and select Weather Mode. Select "Monitor NOAA Weather". Push the squelch at top left corner and set to lowest setting.
You will hear noise. Use the arrows to go through the NOAA channels and check if you can hear any transmissions. If you can hear one faintly then examine the antenna and wiggle it to see if you can improve reception.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.