Home Patrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote14

Premium Subscriber
Hey all. I am trying to get my local PD on my new to me home patrol 2. I had an older bearcat which worked for awhile and then they upgraded the system to program 25 phase 2. I am kind of lost. I've found the TG for the area but no frequencies. Not sure if you can plug in the TG into the HP2? I've messed around with the Sentinel program. I wouldn't say I am a beginner but not an expert. I guess I want to know if I can get p25 phase 2 on my home patrol and if so what do I put in to program it? I live in Pendleton Oregon which is in Umatilla County. I was not wanting to start another post about this just because I think this is here for other questions but i am tired of scratching my head!!

Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I think this is the DB entry for your area;

Yes, your HP2 should be able to handle anything that's not encrypted and phase 2 - however the db shows everything but 1 TG is phase 1 - there's one encrypted one (see the DE in the mode?). In fact if you've updated your db you should have this system already. This should help...

Sorry I can't help further since I don't have a HP2....Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hey all. I am trying to get my local PD on my new to me home patrol 2. I had an older bearcat which worked for awhile and then they upgraded the system to program 25 phase 2. I am kind of lost. I've found the TG for the area but no frequencies. Not sure if you can plug in the TG into the HP2? I've messed around with the Sentinel program. I wouldn't say I am a beginner but not an expert. I guess I want to know if I can get p25 phase 2 on my home patrol and if so what do I put in to program it? I live in Pendleton Oregon which is in Umatilla County. I was not wanting to start another post about this just because I think this is here for other questions but i am tired of scratching my head!!

Thanks!
Is the talkgroup you "found" not listed in the system that Mike linked?

I see Pendleton has talkgroups listed for the Fire Dept. as well as for the courthouse. If you actually have a talkgroup, not a frequency, for Pendleton, add it into the trunked system. Are you using a Favorites list? Or just the database, location, and range.

Coyote14

Premium Subscriber
I am using a favorites list. Well i guess it isnt a TG. I found it on Interceptradio.com not sure what T3216 is.

PENDLETON

FreqPL/MTyInputInpPLChannel
Notes​
T 3216​
910F​
M
PENDLETON PD DISP

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It appears that no one has reported this to the RRDB team as yet. That is how changes are done to the database. We don't copy from other sites.

Your best bet is to put together a system and scan it in ID Search mode. That would listen to everything in the system, and you could then validate whether that TG is correct or not. Looks like you could set up a discovery mode session on that system to gain other information. That is also documented in the Easier to Read guide

Mike

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
I am using a favorites list. Well i guess it isnt a TG. I found it on Interceptradio.com not sure what T3216 is...

Yep that's for the really old UHF trunk system they had back in the day.

If you're copying the P25 Phase 2 system then you'll need to report the Pendleton TG so we know what it is! Just be sure your HP2 is in ID SEARCH mode and not SCAN mode or you won't hear all TGIDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.