Home Patrol acting weird after weekly update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmurphy7411

On April 3rd, 2012 I did the weekly database update to my HomePatrol. The night before, I was receiving my local PD fine. They are using P25 with a NAC235. After the database update, I am no longer receiving them. The radioreference database shows no change in their frequency or mode

( here is a copy from radioreference database: 154.10000 WPLR628 RM 235 NAC 3 TRIBES PD Three Affiliated Tribes - Police P25 Law Dispatch).

I thought it may have been a problem with the Sentinel software, so I eliminated that from my computer and reinstalled it. Could the problem be with the microSD card installed in the scanner? I am out of ideas as to the problem.

I also thought about the fact that they went to an encryption sequence, but another PD in a town that I visit quite often is using encryption, and at least the scanner stops on them. However, using an analog scanner as a reference for when my local PD transmits, I can hear the buzz saw like sound of P25 on the digital scanner, and nothing on the HomePatrol.

Everything else comes in quite nicely: sheriffs, fire, detention centers, railroads, but not this. It is baffling to me.
Suggestions?

phask

Premium Subscriber
On April 3rd, 2012 I did the weekly database update to my HomePatrol. The night before, I was receiving my local PD fine. They are using P25 with a NAC235. After the database update, I am no longer receiving them. The radioreference database shows no change in their frequency or mode

( here is a copy from radioreference database: 154.10000 WPLR628 RM 235 NAC 3 TRIBES PD Three Affiliated Tribes - Police P25 Law Dispatch).

I thnce for when my local PD transmits, I can hear the buzz saw like sound of P25 on the digital scanner, and nothing on the HomePatrol.

Everything else comes in quite nicely: sheriffs, fire, detention centers, railroads, but not this. It is baffling to me.
Suggestions?

You really need to post where this is - state , county, etc.

I saw the Yahoo thread, but have deleted it. It looks like they show as encrypted, but need above info.

N8IAA

Maybe they encrypted the frequency and the radio is now ignoring it?
Not familiar with the programming of the HP.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.