Home Patrol and Char Meck P25/ Cab Co / Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.

concordtowing

I have searched the forum and can't seem to find any info, I was hearing any Concord/ Cabarrus Co channel I wanted to listen to then it went away. Has something changed, did they go encrypted I did an update the other day but may have missed something any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Monty

wa1wxl

Char Meck P25/ Cab Co / Concord main dispatch TG encrypted

CPD, has gone to ADP encryption mainly the main dispatch talk group, same is true with Meck.
KPD and CCSO haven't gone encrypted yet but I expect they will in time. The same will probably hold true with Rowan once they finish there system upgraded to P25.

trumpetman

Database Admin
CPD, has gone to ADP encryption mainly the main dispatch talk group, same is true with Meck.
KPD and CCSO haven't gone encrypted yet but I expect they will in time. The same will probably hold true with Rowan once they finish there system upgraded to P25.

Hey Jeff,

Welcome to RR. Just wanted to offer a little clarification. I'm hearing Concord PD just fine right now, no encryption in sight. While they do have encryption abilities on their conventional repeaters, I don't believe they are using it on their trunked talkgroups. Mecklenburg isn't using encryption on any dispatch channels either. Just the tac channels and special ops for CMPD.

Cabarrus has encrypted some of their Sheriff Tac channels. I haven't spoken with anyone in Rowan on the law enforcement side but I do know that there are no plans to encrypt fire or EMS anytime soon.

Hope this helps.

concordtowing

I may have something not entered correctly on my Homepatrol. I will see if I can figure out the problem. Thanks for the responses and keep them coming.

KM4WLV

Hey Jeff,

Welcome to RR. Just wanted to offer a little clarification. I'm hearing Concord PD just fine right now, no encryption in sight. While they do have encryption abilities on their conventional repeaters, I don't believe they are using it on their trunked talkgroups. Mecklenburg isn't using encryption on any dispatch channels either. Just the tac channels and special ops for CMPD.

Cabarrus has encrypted some of their Sheriff Tac channels. I haven't spoken with anyone in Rowan on the law enforcement side but I do know that there are no plans to encrypt fire or EMS anytime soon.

Hope this helps.

In Rowan County there are no law channels right now that are encrypted full time but there are options for officers to turn on encryption from the radios. Which ones since we've switched I'm not 100% sure of. As far as Rowan County Fire, Rowan County EMS, and Salisbury City Fire Dispatch talkgroups, they won't be encrypted anytime soon. Especially Rowan County Fire & EMS since they still rely on VHF voice for paging. I wouldn't see the city or county OPS talkgroups becoming encrypted either as the departments (well most) including telecommunications, don't have the budgets or don't want to spend the money to encrypt those channels, or have to equip the radios to do so.

Hope that helps on this end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.