Home Patrol and Loudoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Yeah, we (me) were beginning to digress a little too much. That is good news. I could not understand why the HP1 would not do Loudoun and yes, there has been a good amount of non TDMA traffic on there today. Been receiving both Sterling and Dulles LCSO dispathes plus fire channel 6B.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, we (me) were beginning to digress a little too much. That is good news. I could not understand why the HP1 would not do Loudoun and yes, there has been a good amount of non TDMA traffic on there today. Been receiving both Sterling and Dulles LCSO dispathes plus fire channel 6B.

I was hearing everything. Ohh wait, I was using a PSR-800. :D

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Sterling TG reverted to TDMA around 6:30 and it appears Dulles stopped around 8:30.

I had all three running all evening - the 996, the HP1 and the PSR800.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber

There was a Uniden announcement recently that HPDB will begin to include the X2 systems soon.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I also noticed tonight the control channel was on .775 instead of .9125 - and it was working much better in some areas of Eastern Loudoun. Anyone know how long its been on the .775 control channel?

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Where did you hear/read that?

Uniden released a list of about 20 new features that will be included in the upcoming Sentinel release and firmware release for HP-1...

#19 is "Add P25 X2 TDMA systems in HPDB to receive some FDMA Talkgroups. Add "System Info" of P25 X2 TDMA."

brownlab

I have observed the last couple of weeks that the Loudoun CC channel has been 868.775. and using Mike's set up he sent me a year ago has been working pretty well. That said I am not hearing Leesburg or car to car or Fire 6B unless Fairfax is running but considering but it is better than nothing.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I have observed the last couple of weeks that the Loudoun CC channel has been 868.775. and using Mike's set up he sent me a year ago has been working pretty well. That said I am not hearing Leesburg or car to car or Fire 6B unless Fairfax is running but considering but it is better than nothing.

Something I found interesting last night when playing with all three scanners... on the 996, if you HOLD and it parks on the the control channel, when a TG in your list becomes active it will display that TG alpha tag even if it cant decode the audio (it was doing this for both TDMA and ENC talkgroups.)

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
FWIW... in fringe areas, the HP-1 decodes a heck of a lot clearer than either the 996XT or the PSR-800.

brownlab

Yes last year in Jan while playing around with the 996XT in the hold mode, I began to see all of the Loudoun TGs appearing but were not being decoded. BTW, LCSO Dulles dispatch is active (at least where I am) almost everyday. Everything else is sporadic. I really want my PRS 800 back but GRE told me it would be another couple of weeks. Thought about getting another one and moving it around the house. See how long it would take my wife to figure out that we had two-LOL.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Something I found interesting last night when playing with all three scanners... on the 996, if you HOLD and it parks on the the control channel, when a TG in your list becomes active it will display that TG alpha tag even if it cant decode the audio (it was doing this for both TDMA and ENC talkgroups.)

Yeah, I mentioned that a long time ago on the original thread about the new TDMA system. Once I saw all I was missing, I bought a PSR-800.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
So I am understanding that the HP1 may get a couple of X2 TDMA slots with this major update or is this a new Uniden Scanner?

I think what was meant is it will be allowed to program in via the RRDB, TDMA systems so you can hear FDMA TGs just like with the x96T/XT models.

Dromanchyk

Monitoring Loudoun County

I agree with the other postings about the GRE800. I love the radio. For a small sized radio, it has great audio. Programming the radio directly appears to be a challenge, but when I use the PC software, its very easy. Loudoun county comes in terrific at my house in Sterling. I noticed you get a little distortion when mobile and the signal weakens, especially when coming from a tower at the other end of the county....but that's to be expected. The frequency library updates are great too, I've got mine programmed for just about everything I could want to listen to, and if I plan on traveling to a new area, no problem.

The only problem I've had is that I've temporarily lost Fairfax county. And that isnt a problem with the radio, it was bad data in the library data base. Reportedly, they are aware of that and as soon as the right frequencies are put back in the data base, I'll just reprogram that scan list and be back to picking up Fairfax.

brownlab

Happy day, I have my 800 back from GRE. They had to replace the logic board. The also put on a new face plate. Although the unit was still under warranty, GRE could have maintained that I somehow broke the logic board since it is always out on the road with me and I can, lets say, be some what rough with my portable units. However GRE fixed it, not questions asked. Now I can begin monitoring Loudoun again!

Status
Not open for further replies.