Home Patrol battery charging clarification question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I'm pretty certain I know the answer to this question, but I want to be 100% sure before I attach the AC adapter.

From reading the manual, I know that when the adapter is connected, the scanner will ask if you want to charge the batteries. Well, I never charge batteries in the scanner, but sometimes I do use regular alkaline batteries, and I want to be positive that when I answer "no" the scanner won't try to charge the batteries anyway.

So, I'm sure that there are plenty of HP-1 users that use regular alkaline batteries in conjunction with the adapter; so I'm curious if anyone has had any problems, or it's been smooth sailing.

Thanks again from an HP-1 noob. All information will be greatly appreciated.

SSSG

:)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you answer "NO" it will not charge.
If you answer "YES" it will try to charge for about a minute, then abort the charge (long before any bad things could result).

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
If you answer "NO" it will not charge.
If you answer "YES" it will try to charge for about a minute, then abort the charge (long before any bad things could result).

Thanks Paul, that's what I was hoping to hear. That second part of your answer is especially comforting. You guys at Uniden think of everything.

Thanks again; I appreciate the answer.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.