Home Patrol Clicking on 9600 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Hi everyone,

If this has been brought up I do apologize I did not find it in search.

I have a couple Home Patrol units, one extreme, one regular and whenever I monitor the following 9600 Smartzone TRS I get a constant clicking on both radios. The clicking only effects the HP series as my 396XT and GRE800 do not do this. Just to be clear the radio tracks the system properly and I hear all transmissions on the proper talkgroups.

The system is:

Metrolinx - GO Transit Trunking System, Golden Horseshoe Area, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

I noticed the clicking sound was consistent with the signal meter flashing (checking multiple sites) so I locked the system to use only one site but still the clicking occurs.

Any ideas? Will there be a firmware to fix this? If you need me to upload a video of the issue I can do so later tonight, just ask.

Another suggestion I have for a future update would be to display the active site somewhere in the alpha tag.. as when your scanning smartzone with multiple local towers it can be annoying to have to go in to the advanced system edit and see what site is active. I know I could lock out the sites I dont want but I often scan them all as some sites do not carry all talkgroups.

Merry Christmas

OCO

Yup, several threads, usually in conjunction with the use of an external amplified speaker plugged into the headphone jack rather than the line out. Perhaps item 14 in this list UPMan published the other day will be the cure..

Another vote for having the site ID optionally displayed on the main screen.....maybe we need to start our next "wish list" now for the "Memorial day firmware release":D

VE3RADIO

Yup, several threads, usually in conjunction with the use of an external amplified speaker plugged into the headphone jack rather than the line out. Perhaps item 14 in this list UPMan published the other day will be the cure..

Another vote for having the site ID optionally displayed on the main screen.....maybe we need to start our next "wish list" now for the "Memorial day firmware release":D

That would be great, although it occurs with and without an external speaker. Every 3600 BPS system is fine... guess we will see.

OCO

If we're talking about the same thing, I can barely hear it on the internal speaker, but it's very evident on an external..There was a thread about it here...

Status
Not open for further replies.