Home Patrol & data base ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SID

When will RR have a data base for other countries,so that it can be downloaded into my Home Patrol.Taking a cruise end of year.Thanks in advance.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It already does - in the upper right corner, there's a pulldown for changing the country names (it says 'Choose County'; it's to the right of the title line). Whether we have any data for that country, that's another matter, as is if it's available during the weekly database updates for HP

Mike

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We currently only support USA and Canada in the HP-1's database, as these are the countries within our marketing area.

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
if you know or could find the frequencies of interest couldn't you load a favorites list.
Thats how I loaded NASCAR drivers before we had a race teams database

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You could create your own channels using Sentinel. But, take great care in using a scanner in other countries. The penalties can be quite severe in some areas of the world.

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
True...i noticed the warning on the back of the HP1...after I crossed the border into Canada.

SID

Thank you too all that responded.UPMAN,I did think of that,but was looking for the "easy" button. KD8HE,you brought up a good point,one that had not crossed my mind.Thank you again. Sid

gabrielddc

Question about create a new system

You could create your own channels using Sentinel. But, take great care in using a scanner in other countries. The penalties can be quite severe in some areas of the world.

I bought the HomePatrol and activate the extreme Upgrade.
Now I am trying to create a new System to use in my country (other than USA and Canada), but I tried everything and nothing is loading to listen.
I imported some systems that I already use in my BCD-396XT, I have all here in my note, but it's very difficult to use it in HomePatrol.
What can I doing wrong?
Does HomePatrol always will use the location to determinate the system?
If anyone could help me, I will appreciate!
Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.