home patrol database question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

This question is for Paul O.

There are a few of us Canadians in the Ontario forum who are interested in some of the new P25 radio systems that are being tested in our municipalities.

One of the cities that is listed is Hamilton. We have a control channel but no talkgroups. There isn't 100 percent proof that all of the talkgroups are going to be encrypted. In fact, there is no talkgroups that anyone found yet.

In order to enter in systems that WE make on the Home Patrol you seem to have to have 3rd party software like ARC.

Is it possible for Uniden to allow Home Patrol users to upload the new Hamilton Ontario system that was just entered in the database, into our home patrols.

You guys have made alterations before. When I first bought my HP Uniden wouldn't allow for us to upload talkgroups that were labelled as encrypted on the Bell Fleetnet Ontario systems. I asked for these to be allowed and they were.

Thank you for your time and for any efforts to help us on our quest to figure out the new systems ans to give this site the information we come up with.

Eric

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can use the Sentinel software supplied with the HomePatrol-1 to create the system and upload it to your HomePatrol-1.

For that particular system, it looks like someone has added a TG, so Monday's update will include it.

VE3RADIO

You can use the Sentinel software supplied with the HomePatrol-1 to create the system and upload it to your HomePatrol-1.

For that particular system, it looks like someone has added a TG, so Monday's update will include it.

I have added some talkgroups to a couple systems that I have been watching with my 996xt.. however it kinda sucks to have a trunking discovery mode only to find out the system you want to discover is missing from the database.. doesn't make sense to me. The idea of the home patrol is to be easy and on the run.. if I am out with my HP1 I don't want to pull out my laptop to program in the system manually.. especially to use something branding itself as "Trunking Discovery Mode".

Seems silly does it not?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you have Trunking Discovery Mode, then you have the Extreme Upgrade, in which case you can program new systems in the unit itself, w/o using Sentinel.

VE3RADIO

If you have Trunking Discovery Mode, then you have the Extreme Upgrade, in which case you can program new systems in the unit itself, w/o using Sentinel.

I understand that.. but its a real pain to type out full names and band plans and such on a small screen.. why not just include the systems.. its not like they take up a lot of memory..

Personally I think that its crazy not too as people can add information they find.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I appreciate your responce Paul.

I was struggling with creating a favourite for the new systems presumably being set up.

I dont have the extreme upgrade, I cheaped out and wont pay $100 now for it, thats my fault.

What I do not understand, for a person w/o the extreme upgrade, and for a scanner that can work in both ID scan and search mode, why is it that you have to still add in a talkgroup when making a favourite group?

This makes no sense to me, if you are discovering a system, and there are no talkgroups, and your scanner can run in search mode you shouldnt need to enter any talkgroups.

And finally, perhaps I am oldschool or old fool if you prefer, the lack of manuals, in paper form can be a PITA. I find it hard to read thingds online, I was brought up, probably like you, to read actual books.

I imagine that it does say in the HP forums that you have to enter in talkgroups on systems you create but sometimes a manual in black and white can help.

Thank you

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.