Home Patrol deleting information in Favorites Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
For Several days I have been running into a problem with my Home Patrol, I have made up my favorites list and the lists that have conventional frequencies are being deleted by Home Patrol. The name of the Favorites lists are still there but all frequencies and all other info are missing, I use these lists several times and everything is ok then I try and activate one of the favorites list and a screen comes up and it says (ALL CHANNELS THAT ARE IN RANGE HAVE BEEN AVOIDED. CHANGE THE SERVICE TYPE SELECTIONS, YOUR LOCATION OR THE RANGE SETTINGS. OR REVIEW AND REMOVE SOME AVOIDS) I go into Sentinel software and read the favorites lists from Home Patrol and the names are there but there is nothing inside the lists, they have been deleted. my trunked systems are all in tact BUT THE CONVENTIONAL FAVORITES LIST INFORMATION IS BEING DELETED AFTER AWHILE, if Upman reads this I will be happy to send one or two of my list that this is being done too. I have reset the Home Patrol and deleted everything and set it back to the factory settings but this has not fixed the problem, open to any suggestions.
Steve

oh ok

I think since the latest firmware the Home Patrol is doing strange things!
Mine does the same crap.Ok I can go into The Butel software and rewrite my Favorites but why should I
have to?
Other issue is with GPS misinformation ,im better off using the butel instead of the sentinel software since the update.If anyone is able to edit the GPS data and make it stick in the FULL DATABASE let me know .

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Keep the post on the subject !

Don't mess with the full DB, work in FavLists, not nice to fool with Mother Nature, lol.

Before this post gets off subject please don't go off on other issues, I have a real problem I am try to get answers too the subject is Home Patrol deleting information in Favorites Lists this is the subject if you want to post on your problem then please start another post., thank you.
Steve

D

DaveNF2G

Does this happen after you update the full DB or at other times? I have several Favorites lists that contain conventional frequencies and have not experienced this issue.

sjlamb

Does this happen after you update the full DB or at other times? I have several Favorites lists that contain conventional frequencies and have not experienced this issue.

I wondering if this is happening when using both Sentinel and ARC-Patrol software. I've never had a problem with Sentinel but I HAVE seen ARC-PATROL mess up my Favorite List on occassion. I have long suspected a bug in ARC-PATROL

Saint

Premium Subscriber
missing information

Hi Dave, I use the favorites lists from time to time and then after awhile I go to use them and they are empty and all that's left is the name of the favorites list, these are favorites that when I do a search between two sets of frequencies Home Patrol will check the list and see if a frequency is in the list. The only thin I can think of is in these lists I have all frequencies set to (Business) in the Service type , I use ARC-Patrol software to do my favorites lists, I thought maybe Home Patrol is having a problem with all frequencies being set to business in the service type. I can't think of anything else that would give Home Patrol a problem.

Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Missing Information

I wondering if this is happening when using both Sentinel and ARC-Patrol software. I've never had a problem with Sentinel but I HAVE seen ARC-PATROL mess up my Favorite List on occassion. I have long suspected a bug in ARC-PATROL

I have not used Sentinel to do my favorites lists up, but as I have just said in my reply to Dave Maybe it has to do with all the frequencies set to Business in the Service type in Arc.Patrol software ???
Steve

D

DaveNF2G

Hi Dave, I use the favorites lists from time to time and then after awhile I go to use them and they are empty and all that's left is the name of the favorites list, these are favorites that when I do a search between two sets of frequencies Home Patrol will check the list and see if a frequency is in the list. The only thin I can think of is in these lists I have all frequencies set to (Business) in the Service type , I use ARC-Patrol software to do my favorites lists, I thought maybe Home Patrol is having a problem with all frequencies being set to business in the service type. I can't think of anything else that would give Home Patrol a problem.

Steve

Sentinel has a setting for the service types to scan when using the full database. I'm not sure how that setting would relate to the Favorite lists. You might want to check and make sure that neither program has instructed your scanner to avoid or ignore Business listings.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
I thought I had the same problem yesterday!

The favorites list I always listen to gave me the same error message. I realized that while playing in the settings, I had changed the Location Control list from "no" to "yes" for that list, and the current location setting was well out of the preset range for the favorites list (having just finished a long drive home with the GPS connected) when I disconnected the radio and went in the house.

I punched in my zip code and everything was working as it should! (obviously I also reset the location control to no!)

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Missing Information

Sentinel has a setting for the service types to scan when using the full database. I'm not sure how that setting would relate to the Favorite lists. You might want to check and make sure that neither program has instructed your scanner to avoid or ignore Business listings.
I don't know of any setup in Home Patrol to ignore Business except under service types, but it's not that because Home Patrol is trying to load the favorites list but it can't because there is nothing in the favorites list to load.
I went in and changed the service type to all different ones for each
frequency so I do not have just business beside each frequency, also I just went to R.R. and got the up dated master list that came out today I'll see if this stops the information from being deleted by Home Patrol from my favorites list. I can't think of any other reason why my list are being deleted.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Missing information

I thought I had the same problem yesterday!

The favorites list I always listen to gave me the same error message. I realized that while playing in the settings, I had changed the Location Control list from "no" to "yes" for that list, and the current location setting was well out of the preset range for the favorites list (having just finished a long drive home with the GPS connected) when I disconnected the radio and went in the house.

I punched in my zip code and everything was working as it should! (obviously I also reset the location control to no!)

Is the information in your favorites list being deleted, all I have is the name of the favorites list with no information left in them and Home Patrol can not load them.
Steve

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
How did you create the Favorites Lists? In the Unit? Using Sentinel?

If using Sentinel, did they ever work in the HomePatrol? Or, did you transfer them to the HP-1 and they were empty at that point?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Information

How did you create the Favorites Lists? In the Unit? Using Sentinel?

If using Sentinel, did they ever work in the HomePatrol? Or, did you transfer them to the HP-1 and they were empty at that point?

Hello Upman, I made all the favorites list with Arc-Patrol, I then sent them through Arc-Patrol to Home Patrol, I know they are ok because I use them several times with no problems from time to time I update them with Arc-Patrol and then send them back to the Home Patrol and use them again with no problems. then I go in and try and use one of these Favorites list that are still in Home Patrol and the scanner can not load them, I go into Sentinel software and up load from Home Patrol and find all that's there is the name of the favorites lit and all information is missing inside the list, that's why Home Patrol can not load the file again.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.