Home Patrol Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukon

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone , I need some help with this one. I bought 1 home patrol unit 3-4 months ago. one day I took it to work and had a GPS unit hooked up to it. It was awesome! I really enjoyed the way it changed the monitored systems as I drove. I liked it so much I bought a second unit just to keep in my truck to listen to back and forth to work. I also use a BC346xt on the trip, I noticed after several days of listening I noticed the HP-1 was missing may calls, as compared to the 346.

So this weekend I programmed both HP-1's with the same profile, database and favorite lists. I monitored both units at the same time and found the new unit missing some calls. I listen to the San Bernardino system 6/7 mostly. This is a system that is disappointing to listen to at times as the signal quality and audio is weak at best.

Now today I encountered a very unusual scenario on the new unit only. I had a favorite list that I created by appending the list using the SB 6/7 system from the master database in sentinel. when monitoring this favorite list in the new HP-1 it would not show any signal strength, or receive any talkgroups. This is true even if thee unit is held on that system. now if I would allow the unit to scan the "full database" it did have a signal and received the talk groups. I again went back to Sentinel and now created a favorite list called "SB 6/7". When uploaded to the HP-1 the unit shows a signal and works properly with the new Favorite list. Remember the first Hp-1 unit monitored the San Bernardino system 6/7 in a favorite list, with no problem.

My dilemma starts here, is there a way to compare the favorite lists frequencies and system setups to find out why one favorite list works and one doesn't when they are both created from the same source?
how can I find out why one unit receives certain systems and frequencies when the second unit wont.

Just a side note: the second unit was bought used from ?bay and was reported as working "Perfectly"

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Do both units have the current firmware and any updates?
Used from ebay, means there could be a reception issue. Sometimes people unload their problem units on ebay.

Last edited:

yukon

Premium Subscriber
both units do have the latest firmware, but the first unit does have the extreme upgrade, cant afford the extreme for the new one right now.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
when monitoring this favorite list in the new HP-1 it would not show any signal strength, or receive any talkgroups. This is true even if thee unit is held on that system. now if I would allow the unit to scan the "full database" it did have a signal and received the talk groups. I again went back to Sentinel and now created a favorite list called "SB 6/7". When uploaded to the HP-1 the unit shows a signal and works properly with the new Favorite list. Remember the first Hp-1 unit monitored the San Bernardino system 6/7 in a favorite list, with no problem.

My dilemma starts here, is there a way to compare the favorite lists frequencies and system setups to find out why one favorite list works and one doesn't when they are both created from the same source?
how can I find out why one unit receives certain systems and frequencies when the second unit wont.

If you use Sentinel to read both favorites lists, renaming one slightly, you should be able to compare them. Look at the site frequencies first. It sounds like you missed a control frequency in the site of the first favorites list you created.

JK

Viper43

It could also be a corrupted card causing the issue. I recently had a similar incident and trying a new card cleared it up. I actually had to use two different new cards as the first one I tried still did the same thing. The second card has worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.