Home Patrol II Clock Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
My clock is working fine so the firmware update would likely disable that. Anyway, there may not be anyone at Uniden who knows how to do it anymore. All their resources go toward the SDS100 & 200 and maybe a little bit to the 436 & 536).

Arguably, the HP2 may be one of the best scanners ever made for what it was supposed to do.

KE0GXN

Arguably, the HP2 may be one of the best scanners ever made for what it was supposed to do.

In my opinion Uniden hit out of the park with the HP2. What I don't understand is why did they not include the circuity necessary for future system upgrades like they did with the 996P2? Makes no sense to me.....

As far as the clock issue, I have relegated myself to the fact, that I will have to have my scanner plugged into a power source for the rest of it's life in order to avoid having to reset the clock....:confused:.....is what it is.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
My clock is working fine so the firmware update would likely disable that. Anyway, there may not be anyone at Uniden who knows how to do it anymore. All their resources go toward the SDS100 & 200 and maybe a little bit to the 436 & 536).

We still give support for the Homepatrol II.
In the case of the Homepatrol II not keeping time, there is a separate battery on the chip that keeps the time, and if it is not keeping the time, it is likely the battery has failed. We can repair this by going through the repair process here: Uniden - Online Repair Form

TvMan

Since I don't plan to use batteries to run this scanner I will locate the clock memory battery in the empty battery bay in the back of the scanner. I am a electronic technician. an I will give it my best.. I use this scanner in my car and it fits in my console perfectly. I will keep you posted...

TvMan

HP2 Clock Issue

Bought it new about 2 years ago, it runs in my car. Quite annoying... you have no choice but to keep entering time/date every time unlike my 536 where it eventually just goes away and starts scanning.
Are you still interested in fixing this problem?

WoodburyMan

Since I don't plan to use batteries to run this scanner I will locate the clock memory battery in the empty battery bay in the back of the scanner. I am a electronic technician. an I will give it my best.. I use this scanner in my car and it fits in my console perfectly. I will keep you posted...
Best way I've seen this fixed is someone soldering leads to the connectors after removing the old battery to a CR2032 socket mounted onto the outside of the case, so it can be swapped easily if it died again.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Some day I'm probably going to be faced with the clock battery issue, I have an HP1 and HP2 so far so good. You would think being a battery it would be easier to replace ie a holder like i've seen in computers (although they probably changed those to something soldered in by now also).

Status
Not open for further replies.