HP-2: Home Patrol II good for mobile use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Any links to those ram mounts? would like to see and read about them
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...t.com/&usg=AFQjCNEPHKu6OXiqFHJpdYzxszjbNGtA8w
Here you go. I've used both the suction windshield mount and the the cup holder with the metal snake that allows you to position the mount (and scanner), in any number of positions for better access to the screen. IMO they are both good. The windshield mount is better if you have everything pretty much set and don't want to mess around too much with settings etc. I prefer the center cup holder mount since I need to change things up quite often. There are trade offs for both. The windshield mount gives you better visibility of the screen, while the cup mount gives me better access for switching things up.

Dromanchyk

What I use is the Uniden bracket (it snaps into it) and some Ram mounts.

I have the Ram ball bolted to the side of the center console and 2 arms and a ball to get it where I want.

There are unlimited options using Ram to get where you need. Should be able to do it all for under 50-75 bucks.

I also hardwired in power with a tiny toggle;e switch. I turn the HP on and off on the unit - but can turn the power adapter o/off separately.

I usually leave on when in and out of the car - I'll just press menu and it pauses, if needed. I do turn off when parked at home.

I use a HP1 - but have a 2 if I ever get to a PH2 area (also have some usb outlets avavilable). It's worked fine since the HP1 first came out.

Thanks ! I finally got the OK to order the scanner (LOL )...question though. Looking at the RAM mounts, do you screw the mobile mount onto one of the mounting plates (diamond or round) then connect them with the arm socket to another plate ?

stantorres

Check out Proclip

I have had an HP2 mounted in the car for 4 years now. It is connected to a USB for power. Power cycles on and off with the ignition and I have no problems. I use a mag mount antenna and get good reception, sometimes some LSM. For mounting, I use a ProClip base on the vent area. Snaps into place with no holes or damage. This is my 2nd lease car with no issues. I mounted the Uniden bracket to the ProClip base with 2 small bolts.

Here is how the ProClip works:
https://youtu.be/1lAyygpqCJI

Good luck!

tampatracker

Thanks ! I finally got the OK to order the scanner (LOL )...question though. Looking at the RAM mounts, do you screw the mobile mount onto one of the mounting plates (diamond or round) then connect them with the arm socket to another plate ?

I'm not sure, I have to look at both of mine to check. I seem to recall though that that was the exact way they worked.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!

The finger mount attaches to this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004O8LF26/

Then you connect that to another ball mount (attached to the vehicle) with the socket arm of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.