Home Patrol in 2010 Toyota Corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
Here is my setup. Using a standard cell phone/GPS holder and it works great! SORRY for the sideways picture. Uploaded from cell phone.

Attachments

• 20140227_225715.jpg
    20140227_225715.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,324

dmg1969

That's better. I already have a sore neck from looking sideways. :)

Looks Good. What are you using for an antenna? I just install an HP-1 about a month ago and love it!

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for flipping the pic. I couldn't do it from my phone lol. I am using a small magnet mount antenna from scannermaster and I think it is a scan force antenna. Looks like a cell phone antenna and it performs well. I am picking up farther and more stuff with the Home Patrol

dmg1969

OK. Yeah, that's probably the Spectrum Force. I had one of those when I first put a scanner back in my vehicle. I returned it because of all kinds of noise and interference, but it turned out the be the scanner. I'm now using a Hustler MOR on a Comet lip mount and like the performance. Nice setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
How could I use amplified battery powered computer speakers with this unit? I tried plugging them into headphones jack but got low volume. Is there an adapter I need? I really don't want to hardwire anything? Any other suggestions?

dmg1969

scannerman, do a search of the archives and you will find a number of threads about using an external speaker. I would not use computer speakers. Uniden makes an amplified speaker that would work...the BC23A. Here's a thread about it.

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...at-speaker-do-you-use-uniden-home-patrol.html

I have been thinking about one myself to combat road noise. I use mine almost exclusively in my vehicle. I generally run my volume three clicks down from max (12). I would run it one more, but I'm superstitious. LOL! I'm not a fan of running speaker volume full. I don't think it's good for the speaker. I know there are other powered speakers out there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.