Home Patrol in a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2JDS

I have installed the Home Patrol in My 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee, using the Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices system. Post installation lessons learned, I need to add a swivel to the scanner, GPS has one already. Possibly add a wedge to angle the GPS screen a little more. Antenna is a clamp on NMO Larsen 2M/70cm. This antenna works VERY well for my system. I know, not a typical scanner antenna, but you use what works best for you. My area is from 42-800 Mhz.

To power this system. I have an 8 gauge power feed from battery to under the passenger seat. From there I have a power distribution panel. To feed this system, I wired direct a triple outlet 12 v plug. Perfect to feed scanner, GPS for Home Patrol, as well as my Navigon GPS. As long as I was wiring, I added an Inverter under rear seat, and sent power to rear compartment to a double 12v plug, perfect for charging up XTS2500 drop in charger.

Attachments

• from back.jpg
    from back.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 5,595
  • scannergps.jpg
    scannergps.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 5,677
  • side shot.jpg
    side shot.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 7,065
  • gps puck.jpg
    gps puck.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 5,124
  • antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 5,446

jrw14493

Can you take a picture of the backside of the ProClip? I have a 2007 that I'm trying to mount a radio in and like this solution but I'd rather the mount be flush with the center console rather than be angled up.

N2JDS

Forgot to say that I added the vertical extension plate, that allowed me to add the Navigon up top and Home Patrol on bottom. Also coming next will be Icom IC208H remote head, but in no rush for that, as I still gotta drill on the roof. Hesitation is I usually run coax down B post, but have the curtain bags and such, so may pay installer to drill and run coax. $50 insurance policy to keep me from screwing them up.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I see you have what looks like RG316 with a right angle SMA connector - is it an extension, whats on the other end, how long is it and where did you get it???

Last edited:

N2JDS

more pics

Can you take a picture of the backside of the ProClip? I have a 2007 that I'm trying to mount a radio in and like this solution but I'd rather the mount be flush with the center console rather than be angled up.
Attached are a few close up shots to detail the Pro Clip. Additional shot of the rear power plug I installed. Small enough to stay out of the way. Plenty of power to run at least a small inverter or any other accessory.

Thanks for all the compliments. This is probably the cleanest install I've done with so many different items.

Attachments

• abackshotcloseup.jpg
    abackshotcloseup.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 4,261
  • asideshotcloseupfull.jpg
    asideshotcloseupfull.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 4,231
  • Asideshotcloseup.jpg
    Asideshotcloseup.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 4,873
  • 12v plug back.jpg
    12v plug back.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 4,408

N2JDS

Update-Ham radio installed

I finally got around to adding my Ham radio in, Icom 208H, this is attached to a Comet dual band B-10, which I have had great experience with, works great as an all band scanner antenna as well for me. Radio Body installed under drivers seat. I still need to get into shop to get antenna drilled and installed, until then, mag mount will suffice. Just wanted to get it "roughed" in before the snow hits. The radio head actually is in the empty storage slot already in place, and a friction fit (aka, I shoved it in and it fit tightly to my delight). Then ran data wire along with the scanner/gps wirechase.

Attachments

• Ham1.jpg
    Ham1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4,313
  • Ham2.jpg
    Ham2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 5,244
Status
Not open for further replies.