Home Patrol issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,

I took some great advice and purchased the Home Patrol a couple weeks ago. I can manage most things, but Ive run into a problem:

Ive created a favorites list called HOME. Within that favorites list I have a Department called Burlington County - then a Department called North Central Law Enforcement - within that Department I have several channels, but for ease of discussion we will call them P3, P9, P11 and P1. When writing the list I have all but P3 locked out or "avoided." P3 is the dispatch channel for the town I live in and 3 bordering towns. Occassionally I go into Willingboro, dispatched by P9. I navigate my way to P9 so it is displayed and it says AVOID, like it should. I hit the menu on the right and hit AVOID hoping to take away the AVOID on the channel and then resume scanning with P3 and now P9.

What is actually happening instead of this is: While the display says P9 while I hit AVOID to UNAVOID the channel, it actually applies this change to P3 (now avoiding that channel and all other channels too), then I cant change P3 back to UNAVOID and the entire system is lost in the scan list.

Again for ease of explanation, it seems that the scanner doesnt know what channel it is on, even though it is displayed. It just applies the changes (avoid or unavoid) to whatever channel it feels like. Once in a while if I leave the scanner set on a channel for a few minutes withouth touching the thing, it will apply the changes to the channel displayed, the way I intended.

Sorry for the long post, but this is very very frustrating. It occurs on all systems I have programmed in, not just Burlington County.

Please help if you can.

Thanks.

Jeff

rwier

Hello Everyone,

I took some great advice and purchased the Home Patrol a couple weeks ago. I can manage most things, but Ive run into a problem:

Ive created a favorites list called HOME. Within that favorites list I have a Department called Burlington County - then a Department called North Central Law Enforcement - within that Department I have several channels, but for ease of discussion we will call them P3, P9, P11 and P1. When writing the list I have all but P3 locked out or "avoided." P3 is the dispatch channel for the town I live in and 3 bordering towns. Occassionally I go into Willingboro, dispatched by P9. I navigate my way to P9 so it is displayed and it says AVOID, like it should. I hit the menu on the right and hit AVOID hoping to take away the AVOID on the channel and then resume scanning with P3 and now P9.

What is actually happening instead of this is: While the display says P9 while I hit AVOID to UNAVOID the channel, it actually applies this change to P3 (now avoiding that channel and all other channels too), then I cant change P3 back to UNAVOID and the entire system is lost in the scan list.

Again for ease of explanation, it seems that the scanner doesnt know what channel it is on, even though it is displayed. It just applies the changes (avoid or unavoid) to whatever channel it feels like. Once in a while if I leave the scanner set on a channel for a few minutes withouth touching the thing, it will apply the changes to the channel displayed, the way I intended.

Sorry for the long post, but this is very very frustrating. It occurs on all systems I have programmed in, not just Burlington County.

Please help if you can.

Thanks.

Jeff

shot in the dark....be very careful that when you "click on the right" you are lined up with the correct line, there are 3 spots to click, stacked, opposite the System, Dept, and channel line.

rwier

shot in the dark....be very careful that when you "click on the right" you are lined up with the correct line, there are 3 spots to click, stacked, opposite the System, Dept, and channel line.

Also, this sounds like an early problem that was supposed to be corrected in an update/upgrade.

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that this is an issue that I have been able to replicate. I even have a separate post about it.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I've encountered this too ..... and had to end up using the menu to clear all avoids ....
The weird thing is, sometimes it works just as it is suppose to, basically a toggle avoid/unavoid ... but sometimes it gets caught in that loop you describe, avoiding the next channel, then the next ... no way out of it using the right hand menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.