Home Patrol Not Picking Up Local PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman_83

I am a new owner of a Uniden Home Patrol scanner and I have a question. I live in a small town and I can see the local PD tower from where I live but I can't pick it up with scanner. The freq is programmed in it correctly but it will not pick it up. I can pick everything else up in my county but not local PD. I have other uniden scanners and vertex radios and they pick it up great. I am just wondering if there is something that I am missing. Any help would be great. Oh and it's an analog freq if you was wondering. Thanks

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Its possible they switched frequencies, or went to a digital system. You didnt mention which department, or where you live, so no one will be able to figure it out for you.

gfkeith

On my HP I could not pick up the local Sheriff, until I read what another user did(here on Radio Ref). Switched the modulation from NFM to FM.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Point us to the RRDB link of your system.

We need to know what we are working with to help you further.

Make sure you have the service types selected. Make sure you have the correct frequencies in the unit.

Give a little more information to what you did to create the FL and how you programmed the scanner.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Your post leaves a lot of missing information.

Please provide the following:
Where you are located, and EXACTLY what you would like to listen to., county, local info (zip code), and the EXACT descriptions of the agencies you would like to monitor that you are not receiving.

Just to confirm you have the latest database in your Home Patrol: From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION What does it say there for the date of the database?

Also confirm you have the correct service types on.

scannerman_83

Sorry about that. The freq that I am trying to pick up is under Kansas, Jackson county, and Holton PD dispatch. I have the one that radio reference says to use. I can see it in my scanner and it's not voided or anything so it should pick it up. And like I said they didn't switch freq or go digital because I still pick it up with my other scanners. If you need anymore info please let me know. Thanks Oh and I programmed it by just putting in my zip code then avoiding the stuff I don't want to listen too.

JamesO

Check the Service Type, you may want to enable ALL the Service Types for now, also check your Range/Distance setting and configure for maximum for now.

Also you may be looking at a legacy tower, many sites have moved or consolidated.

scannerman_83

I tried selecting all services and setting my range to max but I still didn't have any luck. I got the correct freq in my scanner but when I even stop on it I can't get it to pick it up. The way I test it is that I have an actual police radio and when I key it up my home patrol does nothing. Does anybody else have any other ideas to try? Thanks

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
So, in Sentinel you have what I have pictured?

What is the model of the radio you are using to test with?

In the edit profile area you do have the monitor option selected to on correct?

I just do not know what to say if the frequency is correct along with the tone and also modulation settings.

You say you can hear it on other scanners. Maybe you have a different frequency step programmed into the HP somehow?

Attachments

• Snagit HP-1 and Kansas.jpg
    Snagit HP-1 and Kansas.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,784

scannerman_83

yep everything looks just like what your showing. I am using a Vertex VX-800V and I pick it up perfect with that and also my other uniden scanners but not the home patrol.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
You might check your entry to be sure you didn't "fat-finger" either the frequency or the tone. You might also remove the tone (you don't need it unless you are trying to separate more than one user on the same frequency). Does the scanner pick up other frequencies ok?
BB

dennysamples

wont pick up analog

ive got a home patrol 1 actully i have 2 of them.and ive tried everything they wont pick analog..i have 4 other scanners and they all pick it up here but the home patrols wont.and i have all the same frequentcies in them same settings..my area code is 47868 and all these countys still use analog for fire and ems..

phask

Premium Subscriber
ive got a home patrol 1 actully i have 2 of them.and ive tried everything they wont pick analog..i have 4 other scanners and they all pick it up here but the home patrols wont.and i have all the same frequentcies in them same settings..my area code is 47868 and all these countys still use analog for fire and ems..

Do you have the correct service types on - I have to think so since you have tried everything.

I hope 47868 is your zip code, or you have a weird phone number.

This listing ??
Clay County, Indiana (IN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

It also mentions that Clay Co uses SAFE=T a digital system

Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P25) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

If they are PH2 as it states HP1 won't receive it. But then - you tried everything.

dennysamples

yes

Do you have the correct service types on - I have to think so since you have tried everything.

I hope 47868 is your zip code, or you have a weird phone number.

This listing ??
Clay County, Indiana (IN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

It also mentions that Clay Co uses SAFE=T a digital system

Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P25) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

If they are PH2 as it states HP1 won't receive it. But then - you tried everything.
yes 47868 is the zip the police use didgital but our fire departments stil use analog i know because like i said i have 4 other scanners.and the others are getting both the police didgital and fire and ems analog but home patrols dont even though they are in them exactly the same

Status
Not open for further replies.