Home Patrol not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Update, everything seems to correct, but I am still not receiving and traffic. I sat with another user and he went thru all the different user log menus and there was activity on them. The trunked system showed up. But I am still not hearing anything other then the lowband fire dispatch. Occasionally I will catch it on the highband freq. That is it, no police channels, no fire talk groups. Antennas appear to be fine as I can bring in my other 2 counties that I listen to, albeit fire only on those.

There must be a setting i messed up or missed. Any clue?

Some possibilities:

Check the top row of buttons on your HP screen and make for sure the "Atten" button is not RED or turned-on.

Make for sure your "Service Types" are turned-on for what you are listening to, this means you will have to press "Accept" after choosing the "Service Types" you wish to monitor, other wise the ones you have picked will not be activated.

Hope this helps.

dmg1969

One trick I found to make sure you are scanning all of the channels in your favorites is to count the actual number of channels you have in Sentinel. Then, when you load that favorite, make sure the number of channels that loads matches that number. Mine was off and I did not have all of the service types enabled (as the prior poster suggested). Also, did you add the sites to the favorites? I made that mistake since I was new to digital scanning (HP-1 is my first digital scanner). I kept getting an error saying that no systems were in range and I did not have the sites programmed.

snplw

I am 95% sure the attenuator is off, but I will check. I have loaded the favorite and the channels match, no I haven't counted one for one but it has gone up considerably, which I would expect. The services I will check also, to be sure they are highlighted in orange to be active, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.