Home Patrol not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

snplw

I have Firmware version 2.04, database version 9/11/2013 via the adv menu view. When I go to update via Sentinel it displays I have current versions. I go to Radio Ref and its database is dated 1/8/2014. My county (Cortland NY 13045) this past week went digital and I am hearing nothing but fire dispatch. I am hoping that this is the reason even though I thought I made my new fav list using the new database. What am I doing wrong as far as updating?

If this has been answered please post a link as I was unable to find it.

Thank You.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have Firmware version 2.04, database version 9/11/2013 via the adv menu view. When I go to update via Sentinel it displays I have current versions. I go to Radio Ref and its database is dated 1/8/2014. My county (Cortland NY 13045) this past week went digital and I am hearing nothing but fire dispatch. I am hoping that this is the reason even though I thought I made my new fav list using the new database. What am I doing wrong as far as updating?

If this has been answered please post a link as I was unable to find it.

Thank You.

Are you doing a "write" to Home Patrol after updating the database in Sentinel? That's the only way the update will make it into your scanner.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Do you get any error messages when you write to your scanner and does Sentinel give you any error messages when it updates your computer?

Have you deleted or moved any Sentinel files?

Have you checked the file structure of your SD card with windows explorer?

snplw

No error messages. I haven't moved or deleted any files. Not sure how to check the SD card?

snplw

Why would I have 2 diff versions? Did the radio somehow update bit not the computer?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Why would I have 2 diff versions? Did the radio somehow update bit not the computer?

The firmware for the scanner is different from the Sentinel Software version. you have a very old version of Sentinel that will no longer update the database in the scanner.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok following steps to update Sentinel now

OK, that should fix your update problem.

There are 3 separate things that need to be up to date, and they are all different things.

The firmware in the scanner - version 2.04

The Sentinel Software version (help --> about) 2.02 (revision 04)

The current database version 1/26/2014.... the lower left-hand corner of the Sentinel window on your computer will show the database version that is in Sentinel.

If you have written the update to the scanner properly, the advanced menu in the scanner itself will show that same database version on the information screen.

snplw

Ok yes it does. Thank you.

Will that take care of all the comms now or will there still be issues? Do I need to reload the Fav list or just having the right database in now should do it?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok yes it does. Thank you.

Will that take care of all the comms now or will there still be issues? Do I need to reload the Fav list or just having the right database in now should do it?

The weekly database updates do not update the favorites lists. Those lists have to be done manually.

snplw

OK, I just pick the fav list and highlight those and append to the list then write to home patrol. Correct or is there a better way. I have about 20 channels to do.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
OK, I just pick the fav list and highlight those and append to the list then write to home patrol. Correct or is there a better way. I have about 20 channels to do.

Just re-construct the favorites the same way you did the first time and then write to the scanner. Be sure to check the "erase favorites" on the Home Patrol when you write to it so that the new ones will over write the old ones.

If any changes to your local area frequencies aren't in the RR database yet, they won't be in the Home Patrol update either.

snplw

Alrighty, I certainly appreciate your assistance. I will update my list and see what transpires.

snplw

Update, everything seems to correct, but I am still not receiving and traffic. I sat with another user and he went thru all the different user log menus and there was activity on them. The trunked system showed up. But I am still not hearing anything other then the lowband fire dispatch. Occasionally I will catch it on the highband freq. That is it, no police channels, no fire talk groups. Antennas appear to be fine as I can bring in my other 2 counties that I listen to, albeit fire only on those.

There must be a setting i messed up or missed. Any clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.