Home Patrol ON SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golson2210

Radio Shack currently has the Uniden Home Patrol on sale for $449... however it appears you are unable to purchase it in stores? I've tried every zip code I can think of and I cant find any stores that have it in stock.

Trekker65

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack discount coupon

Don't forget to go to CouponCabin.com and find the coupon for $20 off any Shack product over $175. That is less than a 5 percent discount off the price of the Home Patrol - 1 but every bit helps.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I'm sure this is a dumb question, and I've looked/read everything on the RS site, but can you have it shipped UPS/FEDX?(Or better yet, has anyone had it shipped that way?) I'm out of town often so I stopped all mail to my place and use a PO Box.

I even tried to go through the checkout process and it would default to USPS.

Trekker65

Premium Subscriber
Delivery

NOWEF,
Why not have it delivered to your local RS store where they will hold it till you return home. Better than UPS not leaving it on door step and having to go to the UPS center. (Mine is quite a distance away). Worse yet, leaving it on your doorstep and having it stolen before you return. RS will notify you by email when it arrives in their local store and their hours are just as reasonable as UPS/FEDEX. I have all my orders shipped this way after spending several hours and miles trying to track down a UPS/FEDEX delivery in the past.

dsleigh

homepatrol on sale

Home patrol is on sale on@ ebay for $413.00 free shipping. ebay category is homepatrol These are factory serviced but no different from brand-new

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
NOWEF,
Why not have it delivered to your local RS store where they will hold it till you return home. Better than UPS not leaving it on door step and having to go to the UPS center. (Mine is quite a distance away). Worse yet, leaving it on your doorstep and having it stolen before you return. RS will notify you by email when it arrives in their local store and their hours are just as reasonable as UPS/FEDEX. I have all my orders shipped this way after spending several hours and miles trying to track down a UPS/FEDEX delivery in the past.

Thanks for the reply, Trekker! I'm thinking this will be my only option :( I was kinda hoping to get it before leaving again (Having it shipped overnight/second day) But I guess good things come to those who wait. :)

Thanks again, and have a great night!

kd5pck

Radio Shack is still running the sale price of $449.99 through today. I found the online promo code to get another $20 buck off but I decided not to use it. I have the radio Shack AnswersPlus credit card and wanted to take advantage of the 12 months interest free financing. That financing option is only available with in-store purchases, not online purchases. In my case, it was worth it to not use the extra $20 ff promo code. If anyone else decides to go this route, just make sure you pay it off in 12 months, otherwise you will be paying a mind-numbing 26% interest rate back to the original purchase date.
As far as the problem of not being able to find the HP-1 in a local store, go in ask them to order it through Direct2U. It will be shipped via FedEx home delivery. They deliver Tuesdays through Saturdays. If you are home those days, have it shipped to your home. If not, you can have it shipped to the Radio Shack store or have it held at a local FedEx Office location (formerly FedEx Kinko's). ] Regular ground shipping should be free by the way. I ordered my HP-1 and received it yesterday evening and am enjoying playing around with it. Couldn't wait to get home, so I popped in some batteries and had it scanning the LWIN (Louisiana) system within two minutes of turning it on. Not bad.
Regarding the 12 months interest free option, be sure to ask for it and check your receipt. It seems this is an option that the brain dead have to enter on their side of the counter AFTER you swipe your card. If they don't ask you if you want to take advantage of the offer, be sure to ask for it BEFORE signing you name and completing your sale. It should show up on the receipt as well. If not, make them return the transaction and re-ring it. I had t do this more than once when dealing with Radio Shack.

dsleigh

home patrol on sale

Home patrol on sale @ebay for $383.00 with FREE shipping! These are factory refurbished units make a merchant happy and spend $100.00 + more and get a new one!

W9NES

If you do not wish to spend a lot of money you can always do a search in your local area on Craigslist. I bought my Uniden Hp-1 for a lot less than a new one and it was updated with Extreme.

Keystone79

Home patrol on sale @ebay for $383.00 with FREE shipping! These are factory refurbished units make a merchant happy and spend $100.00 + more and get a new one!

I just snagged one up, thanks for telling me about it. FYI to anybody else interested in the units mentioned in dsleigh's post...you can also make a best offer and take another few bucks off the price. I made an offer of $370 and it was accepted. You do have to pay state sales tax though. There are still 10 available.

They have a 14 day money back return policy and 99.6% positive feedback, so I figured what the heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.