Home Patrol Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LESSOR2

Went to RR and loaded Chicago Police frequencies into software database as a separate favorite. Wrote the new frequencies/favorite to my Home Patrol. Confirmed that HP has them as a favorite called "Chicago". Set HP to use only that favorite. Nothing.......no traffic. I know there is traffic there as I had no problem receiving it on mu U-BCT8! Range is set to 30 miles I am well within the limit. Can't figure it out. Wondering if the supplied antenna is not sufficient? Starting to wonder about my decision to purchase HP.

radio17

Maybe it's the same early mistake I made.
Did you enter them maunally in Sentinel by typing them in? If so the 'Service Type' probably defaulted to 'Custom 1'.
It's unlikley you have 'Custom 1' enabled in your 'Select Service Type' menu. Either change the service type in your entries to something you have enabled (like Law Talk) or enable Custom 1 in the Select Service Types menu.

It's much easier to right click on the entries in the Sentinel DB and 'append to favorites list'. Everthing gets neatly copied that way.

raisindot

I don't know if this helps or not, but when I created my first favorites list (for Boston area systems), I got nearly nothing either. Then I looked at the range and noticed it was set to "zero." Once I expanded the range out to around 20 miles or so it added 600 more channels and it worked fine. I also had to add systems within the favorites setting to improve the number of channels as well. I also found that keeping Attenuation off often helps reception of weaker signals.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you are still having the problem, you can try exporting your Favorites List to an hpe file and posting it here so that others can directly evaluate what you've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.