Home Patrol question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
( probably the first of many LOL )

I received my Home Patrol earlier today, and I must say, so far it has been everything I hoped it would be...and then some. To say that this scanner is "amazing" would be an understatement. And I thought my BC346XT was sensitive; the HP1, I must say, has an even more sensitive "ear" than my 346. Sitting next to each other, it's picking up transmissions (especially on trunked systems) that are passing the 346 right on by. Anyway, I do have one question for now, although I may have more later, so please be patient with an HP1 noob.

Is there any way, short of temporarily avoiding the channel, to continue the scanning process? For example, the HP1 locks onto my local PD, but I don't want to hear them at that moment. On my 346, I can just press 'scan' and it continues the scanning process. Is there an equivalent of a 'scan' button somewhere in the menu of the HP1? I looked through the manual, but didn't see anything mentioned like that, nor was a search through past threads here successful.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

SSSG

:)

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
it takes two key presses...right side menu button on the channel bar. then "next" fron the menu that appears.
Make sure you touch only the menu button or you will lock the channel (yellow bar indication)
Should do it

NWI_Scanner_Guy

it takes two key presses...right side menu button on the channel bar. then "next" fron the menu that appears.
Make sure you touch only the menu button or you will lock the channel (yellow bar indication)
Should do it

D'oh!! I knew it had to be something so simple for me to be totally overlooking it.

Thank you!! I really appreciate it!

NWI_Scanner_Guy

As a followup, I discovered quite by accident that if I tap the channel twice very quickly (lock/unlock), that that acts as sort of a 'scan' button. This actually works out better for me since, for right now at least, my somewhat fat fingers are having a difficult time with the touchscreen.

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
cool..i'll try that also.
i run mine mobile about 99% of the time...could do that without looking

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
Agree...it seems to resume on the channel i wanted to avoid.
"channel menu" > "next" works every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.