home patrol ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncfirewire

i was thinking of making the jump to a home patrol and i have a few ?s i currently am using a bct15
and i currently record all of my local fire calls when i am at work but i am tired of moving my scanner and hooking it up to my laptop every day

my questions are

1) when i am playing back the day events will i miss a current call if it comes in?

2)can u record with the volume all the way down (such as when u are sleeping) or does the sound have to be up to record?

3) should i expect the same, better or worse as far as reception goes as by bct 15 ? ( i am using a antenna mounted on my roof)

4)there is no priority channel ?? if that is true that might be a deal breaker

5) is the extreme software upgrade worth the extra money

thanks in advance

Last edited:

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
1) yes, if you play it back on the scanner. You can also download the audio files to your computer and listen to them there.
2)Yes, I've recorded with the audio muted and all the recordings are there.
3) Dunno. No experience with a BCT15. However, with a third party antenna, I'm very happy with the HP-1 reception.
4) No priority channel. Could be something that is considered in a future update, though.
5) If you would use the features of it, heck yes. I would drop the coin again for it.

Ncfirewire

if you record 3 channels when you playback does it sort them by channel or does it just playback by time?

Status
Not open for further replies.