Home Patrol scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer5873

Premium Subscriber
we just purchased a Home Patrol scanner-we did all that is said to do-the zip code & all we don't seem to be able to pick anything up. I called Uniden & they said to do an update -which I did. but we still don't seem to pick anything up for Oswego County _New York- wondering if there is a problem in this area-
not sure what we should do-take it back and get another kind of scanner- I really like this one hope you can help us getting the bugs out of it.-or maybe I am doing something wrong..

Thanks so much for your time

phask

Premium Subscriber
Check Sentinel Version - may need updated.

Your Sentinel Database version - lower left corner of the program

DB Date in the HP - menu ,advanced ,version
Current database 2/11/14
in the HP firmware 2.04

Sentinel should be 2.02

All those need to be up to date.

Then make sure that you have all of the law and fire service types on - plus any others you want.

That is for a start :)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
oswego

make sure you go into SERVICE TYPES in the MAIN MENU to ensure POLICE,FIRE,EMS DISPATCH is set on or AMBER.You do this by touching each square.

change your area to the TOWN you are in by picking your location .sometimes entering a neighboring town will help.

Be sure to hit APPLY to all settings.

if that dont work message me we will add it in manually via advanced menu
http://marksscanners.com/HP/HP.shtml#create system scanner

Oswego county is 460MHZ and is Phase 1 and Home Patrol will do this!

Hammer5873

Premium Subscriber
I have ems -Fire & law Dispatch- Amber not sure what it is . The version info I have is Firmware version 2.04 Database version-2/9/14 the help version is 12/9/2011. I changed the zip code to a neighboring area. still not picking up anything. I must be doing something wrong yet. By chance do you know of anyone in this area that could manual help me Could there be something wrong with this unit I bought?? Sorry but this is very frustration (and very expensive )that I can't make this work.
Thanks for all your help..

Status
Not open for further replies.