Home Patrol Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer5873

Premium Subscriber
I still can't seem to get this Home Patrol Scanner to work-I have called Uniden & they really don't have any answers for me. the only thing I can pick up in local fire & ambulance.
any suggestions?? -before I take it back?? Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I still can't seem to get this Home Patrol Scanner to work-I have called Uniden & they really don't have any answers for me. the only thing I can pick up in local fire & ambulance.
any suggestions?? -before I take it back?? Thanks

Just to confirm that you have the latest database in your Home Patrol:

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?

SCPD

QRT
Hp1

turn it on,go to Main Menu ,to the left there is a button called SYSTEM TYPES ,press it.
press on all system types by making them Amber with your finger,be sure All types are ones are on! there is an arrow that faces down you will find more types that way.
if you still dont receive what you want ,hot Manage favorite lists and choose FULL DATABASE after you did the above it will add in more stuff.
Be sure you hit ACCEPT after any selection.
Pm me if you cant get it ,but please tell me what its not doing in yer reply.

http://marksscanners.com/HP/HP.shtml <<<<< check out this URL as well

Set your range to 5 miles or so.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?tab=reports&ctid=1842&rpt=1

Last edited:

JamesO

Agree that you should start with turning most, if not all Service Types on.

Then also check for a NOAA Weather Channel and FM Broadcast to make sure the RF section works.

The more info you provide about what does or does not work, the better we can help out.

bkantor

I had one early in the run that would only receive super-local signals. Turned out there was an issue inside with the antenna connection. You may want to have them check that if these other suggestions don't pan out.
Bob

Hammer5873

Premium Subscriber
The weather Channel works just fine- just can't get any of the Local police-sheriff-State police- I checked & I do not have them blocked Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.