Home patrol SD card error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
When I went to update the data base on my Home Patrol Extreme I got an error saying the request could not be performed because of an I/O error. Now when I turn on the Home Patrol it tells me I need to run the "clear user data in the Sentinel software", then shuts off. Now the problem when I plug it into the computer the USB Mass Storage screen comes up, but the computer does not see the Home Patrol, so I can not run the "Clear user data". It is listed in my drives as the "F" drive but I can't open the drive. I get the same error. I can put the SD card in my computer and see the files.
I tried:

1. Formatting a new SD card and transferring the files to the new SD
2. Reinstalling the Sentinel software
3. Resetting the home patrol
I am running windows Vista, also tried it on an XP machine, it still will not see the scanner. The drivers are installed with the Sentinel software correct? I looked tried to find and relad the drivers, but could not find any.

No results. The scanner will not do anything now and the Sentinel software will not see the scanner

Any Ideas

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
Well I had to remove my SD card and put the card in my computer. The Sentinel software than recognized the card as the home patrol and I was able to clear the data and reloaded all the info. So everything works. The only problem I have now for some reason when I plug the Home Patrol in the computer with the USB, it does not recognize the scanner.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I still can not connect my HP 1 VIA the USB cable. The Sentential software will not see it. I am not sure why. It always worked in the past. I need to remove my SD and put it in my computer to update the HP 1. Any one have any Ideas why the Software will no longer see the HP1?

OCO

I still can not connect my HP 1 VIA the USB cable. The Sentential software will not see it. I am not sure why. It always worked in the past. I need to remove my SD and put it in my computer to update the HP 1. Any one have any Ideas why the Software will no longer see the HP1?

Try a different USB cable known to be good (that cable is the same as used with lots of cameras and other devices, etc, just a Standard A to Mini B USB); if that doesn't fix it, the USB interface or the microSDHC card controller/interface in the HP1 could be bad. You eliminated your computer by using another one with known good USB...

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I can get the Sentinel to see the HP 1E sometimes, and was able to read from it once. If I try to write or read from it again, the software starts to write, then stops saying there is an I/O device failure and my SD card gets corrupt. I have to put the SD card back in the computer, clear all user data and reload the info from the Sentinel to the SD card. I tried resetting the HP with the button behind the batteries and clear all user data from the menu in the HP, nothing. It will not work in serial mode either. The only other thing I can think of is to try to reload the firmware, but I don't think I will be able to. USB cable is good.

OCO

I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I can get the Sentinel to see the HP 1E sometimes, and was able to read from it once. If I try to write or read from it again, the software starts to write, then stops saying there is an I/O device failure and my SD card gets corrupt. I have to put the SD card back in the computer, clear all user data and reload the info from the Sentinel to the SD card. I tried resetting the HP with the button behind the batteries and clear all user data from the menu in the HP, nothing. It will not work in serial mode either. The only other thing I can think of is to try to reload the firmware, but I don't think I will be able to. USB cable is good.

It's not going to hurt to try reloading firmware, although if you can't get it to work in serial mode either, you might be looking at a trip to the Uniden hospital, as it sounds like a basic USB port issue...:mad:

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
you might be looking at a trip to the Uniden hospital,

I am trying to avoid the trip to the hospital. If it does come down to that I might just live with removing the card to update. I am going to wait to try the firmware update until next week. I am away from home right now and don't want to screw it up even more.

Thanks for the reply

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If removing/reseating the card, using a different USB cable, and using a different PC all fail, that is going to rule out everything except a unit failure.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.