Home Patrol Search (PROBLEM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have Home Patrol With the extreme update, I am doing searches between 150-mhz and 160 mhz and have a list of frequencies as a favorite list that is also actavated with the frequencies I have all ready found between 150 and 160 mhz, I have the scanner only searching for new frequencies and it seems to be having trouble, the scanner is logging some of the frequencies that are aready in the favorites list and the Home Patrol should be passing over these frequencies, this is also happening in othere searches in other parts of the band I set up searches, the Home Patrol is for some reason logging some of the frequencies it shoul not be doing, I am using ArcPatrol software to make up my Favorites lists and was wonder if Uniden needs to tweak this feature so it will do a better job, one of the top reasons I bought the Home Patrol was to use this search feature and it semms not to be working as advertised, any help with this situation would be welcome, maybe Upman can give me some direction on this.
Steve

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If the frequencies also have subtones, HP-1 will consider different freq/subtone combinations as different finds. For example, if your list has 146.94 with no tones, but the transmission is received with a PL tone, then it will be recorded.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Searches

If the frequencies also have subtones, HP-1 will consider different freq/subtone combinations as different finds. For example, if your list has 146.94 with no tones, but the transmission is received with a PL tone, then it will be recorded.

Hi Upman thanks for the reply so fast, I know some of the frequencies are just control channel noise on the frequencies and Home Patrol will log some of them also I have some of the frequencies that I know the subtone or tones and put these in with the frequency and still they are being logged, this is not happening all the time only some times, but even when I put in for example 150.225 and sutone 114.3 it will still log the frequency for some reason.
Steve

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Similarly, if you input a tone but for some reason (marginal reception, interference, etc), the HP-1 does not immediately detect the tone, it will see it as "no tone" and record up to the limit.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Searches

Similarly, if you input a tone but for some reason (marginal reception, interference, etc), the HP-1 does not immediately detect the tone, it will see it as "no tone" and record up to the limit.

Just for example I have a Taxi Company across the boarder from me in Buffalo NY, and I receive this frequency 152.330 with no tone and reception is excellent and still it's logged there are other examples I can give you, when I put the tones in with the frequencies and reception is ok with no interference and still this is logged. but I can not see why this is happening so if your saying there is nothing wrong and it does not need to be looked into then I will just ignore this and live with it. and thank you for the feed back on this, it could be worse,
Steve

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There just isn't enough information in your post to provide a specific answer, so I'm providing you with some general ideas.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
search

There just isn't enough information in your post to provide a specific answer, so I'm providing you with some general ideas.

Thanks Upman, I really can't add anything else, I think you already gave me an answer, there are some frequencies that for many reasons can cause a problem like this, interference, fading signal and other things so I think this must be it because it only happens on a handfull of frequencies and the search feature has no other problem

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Just figured out why I was having the Search problem, I was making my Favorites Lists with ARC PATROL Software, I was cutting and pasting the frequencies from my spreadsheet too ARC PATROL but I was also pasting the tags that I had in my spreadsheet that told me who the frequency belonged to into the favorites list also. I deleted all the tags from the alpha tag column and when I save the favorites list ARC PATROL puts in (No Tag) in the column beside all the frequencies in the favorites lists, this has fixed the problem, it was the tags I put in beside the frequencies that was causing all the problems. Leave the tag column empty and no problem. Sorry about the problem Upman.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.