Home Patrol Sentinel software fails to update new HP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtech

I loaded it on three different computers with three different OS and I go to update, update HPDB, fails to connect. Firmware see’s the HP2 does the same thing, fails to connect to remote server. Turned off firewall, virus and it fails. reset cable modem. connected with cat, failed to connect to remote server. what do I need to do? They said the server is up, but? Why? whats wrong?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I loaded it on three different computers with three different OS and I go to update, update HPDB, fails to connect. Firmware see’s the HP2 does the same thing, fails to connect to remote server. Turned off firewall, virus and it fails. reset cable modem. connected with cat, failed to connect to remote server. what do I need to do? They said the server is up, but? Why? whats wrong?

What is the exact error message you get when Sentinel can't connect to the server? If is says anything about "timed out", you are probably using a satellite service like HughesNet for your ISP. If so, there's nothing you can do to fix their service.

Click on this link and read through this thread here:

gtech

Nope guess again it’s not “timing out”.
Using COX cable.
Can someone verify the HP Sentinel update server is working for me plz?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Nope guess again it’s not “timing out”.
Using COX cable.
Can someone verify the HP Sentinel update server is working for me plz?

The Uniden server is working fine as I type this. I tried it last time you posted just to see, and it was up and running then also.

Try this....

This is the address Sentinel uses to update the database and the firmware, FTP transfers are used for those functions through Sentinel.

ftp://ftp.homepatrol.com

Click on that link (or copy and paste it to your browser's address bar) and see if you get a screen that is asking you to login to the server. You won't be able to login, Sentinel handles that internally. Just see if you are getting a login request.

If you don't see the login window, your ISP or something else (modem, router, firewall) is most likely blocking FTP transfers on port 21.

If you do see a login screen, that means you can reach the server, but your ISP has too much latency time in their FTP transfers causing Sentinel to time out.

It has happened quite a few times that an ISP was blocking port 21.

Post back with what you find.

gtech

fxdscom is the wizard! thank you for your port 21 hint, It works now, yeah I found out after I did a hard system reset of the cox router they sold me (and cox installed) to vanilla and then did a simple wireless setup, it worked, Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.