Home Patrol update error

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Updating HP failed
Operation is canceled
Unable to connect to the remote server

Anyone else having these errors while trying to update Home patrol scanner and sentinel software?
Am I doing something wrong or ? Any advice greatly appreciated.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Updating HP failed
Operation is canceled

Anyone else having these errors while trying to update Home patrol scanner and sentinel software?

Something is blocking your access to Uniden's site where the update is stored.
Make sure any firewalls are not blocking your outward web traffic.
Marshall KE4ZNR

OCO

Updating HP failed
Operation is canceled

Just updated one of my PCs, ran fine. Suspect your internet connection - you might try running a test using Speedtest.com and select Dallas as the target (close to Uniden's server (I'm pretty sure)..If you don't get a clean test, suspect an issue with your ISP. Unfortunately, there are numerous reasons for your issue, including AV software suddenly blocking a site, local network issue in your house, etc. You might try resetting your router, cable modem and PC and try again. (Or it may have been a temporary issue on Uniden's end.)

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Just updated one of my PCs, ran fine. Suspect your internet connection - you might try running a test using Speedtest.com and select Dallas as the target (close to Uniden's server (I'm pretty sure)..If you don't get a clean test, suspect an issue with your ISP. Unfortunately, there are numerous reasons for your issue, including AV software suddenly blocking a site, local network issue in your house, etc. You might try resetting your router, cable modem and PC and try again. (Or it may have been a temporary issue on Uniden's end.)
I logged onto speedtest.net Download speed 15Mbps Upload speed 6.87 Mbps very cool. Ran fine. I'll check a few other things

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I logged onto speedtest.net Download speed 15Mbps Upload speed 6.87 Mbps very cool. Ran fine. I'll check a few other things

Like I said in my initial post check any firewalls on your local computer or on your router. :)
That is the usual culprit in these situations.
When was the last time you were able to update your HP database and what has
changed in your computer setup since then?
Marshall KE4ZNR

OCO

Marshall - always the question of which end of the horse you check first..:D
Hopefully Uniden hasn't got on a blacklist from one of the AV suppliers.

steveh552

The other night when I went to update I got that error a few times then finally it went through. I coughed it up to the fact I am on a 3g connection but maybe its an issue in the HP site.

Status
Not open for further replies.