Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkpair

Everyone I monitor is still using conventional wideband analog.

I won't even think about buying anything new unless they go digital......and only then if it's known to be unencrypted.

polo807

Premium Subscriber
Hello All
From the neat and pretty Home Patrol web page this unit looks very cool and easy to use I would like you two gentlemen to give us updates of what you think I travel alot so would this unit be better than a xt? From what I have read is that the 396xt and 996xt covers more systems I own a 396xt and 996 xt is next I also see the price is close to the xt's
Thank you for your time.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
If you travel a lot, then this is the scanner for you. Unless you like to program a LOT of details.

conrad314

Well today is the first day I've been driving around with the new HP-1.

This thing is sweet! I can't wait to go on vacation or a business trip and really try this thing out.

I have a 396T & XT but hate spending weeks planning a trip and then have to monitor what county I'm in and remember to turn on and off systems. With HP-1 & GPS it’s all automatic....NICE!

One complaint for urban areas is so many of the big cities geotabs overlap so you receive a lot. But that's what avoid is for!

And my final complaint is the RRDB is missing some city geotags, so the city takes on the county geotag. Which means if I’m in Greenwood, MO and Blue Springs, MO doesn't have geotags, I'm hearing Blue Springs when I’m nowhere near the city.

However I've been submitting location data like crazy for the Kansas City, KS & MO and surrounding counties! So the DB should start to look pretty good soon.

Over all I love the scanner and look forward to the next model (hopefully with CC and a few other extras)

Status
Not open for further replies.