Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoleman

Hello,
I just received my Home Patrol and in five minutes had it up and scanning . The question I have is In my area Novato, California , Marin County has lots of Talk Groups . I just want to program in Novato Calif talk groups only and skip all the other cities . Is this possible and how do i do it please ? F Y I Yes I did download the Sentinel Software to my computer .

This scanner is like a computer and one of the best i have ever owned .

Thank you in advance for your help

John

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Hi john,

I find that making a favorite list is the best way to do this. (It's saved for future use. You can also do it in sentinel but.) from the touchscreen you would:

1) hit menu
2) hit manage favorite lists
3) hit creat new list
4) name it
5) hit accept
6) hit listen
7) tap the top pane to illuminate (turn it yellow) and 'lock' the SYSTEM window
8) hit the gray bar on the right of the SYSTEM window
9) hit prev or next as required to get on the system the freq is located on that you want to put in your Favorite list you just created
10) Hit the DEPARTMENT pane (next one down) to lock it
11) do 8 & 9 above for the DEPARMENT pane
12) hit the bottom CHANNEL pane to lock it
13) do 8 & 9 above to the CHANNEL pane until you get to the Channel or Talk group you want to add to your newly created Favorite list and when you get to it hit FAVE on the top of the bar.
14) Dialog box will comw up that gives you three options, hit far RIGHT one that says 'OTHER LIST"
15) Hit the list you just created and it is saved there
!6) Reoeat as required.
17) When done saving hit menu
18) hit MANAGE FAVORITE LISTS
19) hit the list you just made
20) hit USE THIS LIST
21) dialog box comes up THIS WILL LEAVE THE XXX LIST AND USE THE YYYY LIST FOR ALL CHANNEL SELECTIONS hit YES
22) hit LISTEN if prompted

Oh, yeah. Once you select your new list and hit LISTEN, if you don't show any SYTEMS/DEPARTMENT/CHANNELS, you may have to hit MENU, then SELECT SERVICE TYPES and then hit the service types to cover the the channel types you saved. They will be easy to figure out because they eill be the ONLY labels in WHITE. Just tap them so they turn from BLACK back ground to ORANGE back ground. Hit ACCEPT (VERY IMPORTANT) then LISTEN..

Last edited:

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
No problem :) Just happy to help out.

I think you'll come to love "Favorite Lists" They're a great way to maximize you HP experience. Also, if you travel, you can set up Fav. lists and use them with GPS to cut out all the stuff you don't want to listen to along the way.

Have a great day!

rwier

N0WEF;1718619.............. ...................[/QUOTE said:
Superior Post!!!!! "Step-by-step" perfect!!!

I have never considered creating a FavList from the radio screen. However, your instructions almost force one to try it, lol. Your followup (Fav/Travel/GPS) is 100% right on the mark, also. Taken together, a sharp spike in the Forum S/N ratio, lol.

Thanks,
Rob

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Superior Post!!!!! "Step-by-step" perfect!!!

I have never considered creating a FavList from the radio screen. However, your instructions almost force one to try it, lol. Your followup (Fav/Travel/GPS) is 100% right on the mark, also. Taken together, a sharp spike in the Forum S/N ratio, lol.

Thanks,
Rob

Thanks for the kind words.

As funny as it may sound, you deserve some credit. The second post was written with one of your posts a few weeks back in mind. http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/234087-home-patrol-1-a.html#post1708692

Status
Not open for further replies.