Home patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

novass73

Premium Subscriber
just new to this in n. e. s. d. and was having trouble figuring out new HOME PATROL . have listened to scanners for years in this area but this thing has me bewildered. i need help PLEASE!!!!

novass73

Premium Subscriber
ok i will try that ! use to just put freq. in and scan now all the groups and armer and whatnot . thanks i really appreciate it . would be nice too have someone sitting right beside me an showing me what is what !
i have been disabled for 12 years and technology has really passed me by.

novass73

Premium Subscriber
ok , those will also help ! have been away doing other stuff today and will be away from home for a few days , but will keep playing with it and i think i will get better at it with those videos that is just like some one sitting beside me .
i have all the stuff downloaded on computer and updated. but it was not picking anything up so i went into menu and punched some buttons and finally i am getting some local and some really far away, like st. cloud hp and marshall hp . almost too good of reception . but then some make the speaker sound like it is broken and the volume on this home patrol is not good for a person who only has one working ear and the other is just above qualifying for a hearing aid , i have a amplified speaker but it won't work with hp , i called place where i got it and they told me that it would not work . thanks alot again !!!!!!!

dabiker

I have had alot of the same problems that you are having with the home patrol. I use it with just the zip code entry and see what it picks up over and above my 396t or my 996xt its about the same. I feel like it was a waste of my money to by the home patrol.It was really nice to have when i travel but other then that my other scanners are doing a great job of scanning the areas i want to listen to. good luck with the software it takes along time to learn as you play with it the more you will understand how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.