Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoleman

Hello,

My scanner used to say when i turned it off " Do you want to charge the batteries ?" I would always say yes.
Now it says do I want to continue with weather channel. How do i get back to Charging the scanner as batteries are now dead

thank you very much

John

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. That was never a shutdown message. It should appear when you plug in the power adapter. If you are not seeing that message when you connect power, then check to be sure that the adapter is working.

johncoleman

Up Man,

I called uniden and told then what you said in your reply. I also faxed them my receipt . I bought this scanner from Radio Shack and the sale for 399.99 on 3/17 I also called Radio shack as bought it from them and they told me to return it to them for credit as under 30 days I would do that but they have no more scanners. . What do i do now as under 30 days and yes have a warranty and I would get a refurbished scanner in its place as I bought a new scanner . Help Please !. P.S If I wait for the new adapter and the 30 days run out I can no longer return to Radio Shack

John

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Is the adapter working? I don't really know from here whether you have a warranty issue or if it is some other problem.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ok, and it powers the HP-1 (that is, if you take out the batteries, can you run it from the AC adapter)?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
But if you unplug the AC adapter, put the batteries back in, then plug in the AC adapter you aren't prompted to select whether to start charging? That is wierd.

johncoleman

I think its time to call back radio shack and return the scanner as I am lost here . I did what you said twice in the last 15 min the first time it said weather alert and the second time it said 13 hrs of charging left do you want to charge i said yes . I just did it a third time and it now says select stand by time clock, weather alert all off

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you do it quickly (IIRC within a 5 minute period) it will resume based on your last choice w/o prompting you. Sounds like it did prompt you and that it is working fine.

raisindot

I think yours might be okay.

With mine (which I just got last week, I used to hold down the off switch for a long time. Doing that would bring up the screen where you could choose Clock/WX/All off. Usually I just hit All Off. When I hit "Clock" today it pulled up a screen that indicated the amount of charge time remaining. If you hit "Clock" it should charge your batteries.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It will charge even if you select All Off. Clock or WX Standby will show the remaining charge time, however, as you note.

Status
Not open for further replies.