Home Patrol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ada1206

My scanner suddenly stopped talking. I can pick up other cities but nothing where I am (Saginaw, MI). Any ideas what's going on?

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Did they reband? Perhaps a change of control channel? If an analog system, did they go digital? If digital, did they move to a Phase II system?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My scanner suddenly stopped talking. I can pick up other cities but nothing where I am (Saginaw, MI). Any ideas what's going on?
Are you referring to the MPSCS system? Looking at that system in the database, iit appears that the Saginaw site (actually, the county simulcast) may have been updated in the last week. See the file linked in this post.

You're probably scanning from your Favorites list. If so, just edit the frequencies on the site to match the new ones shown for the Saginaw County Simulcast Site.

If you're scanning from the Full Database, not a Favorites list, then this week's database update, posted tomorrow (Monday) if no scheduling issues, should have you back in operation.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Just to confirm you have the latest database in your Home Patrol: From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION What does it say there for the date of the database?

1/19/14 is the latest.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
99% sure thats due to rebanding. Unfortunately we cant give you particular info for your area as you don't mention what area your at, in your message nor in your user profile. So if you let us know here or update your user profile that helps us give a better fix for you.

ada1206

Just to confirm you have the latest database in your Home Patrol: From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION What does it say there for the date of the database?

1/19/14 is the latest.

My date is 12/12/2011
I thought I had updated, maybe I did something wrong. Can you enlighten me on the correct way to do this.

ada1206

99% sure thats due to rebanding. Unfortunately we cant give you particular info for your area as you don't mention what area your at, in your message nor in your user profile. So if you let us know here or update your user profile that helps us give a better fix for you.

Yes, I sure now that it's rebanding. I did mention in my original post that I was from Saginaw. MI :)

phask

Premium Subscriber

He said Saginaw

talking. I can pick up other cities but nothing where I am (Saginaw, MI). Any ideas what's going on?

ada1206

Ok, after further checking it looks like I was suppose to update HPDB and then write to Home Patrol is this correct?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Doh! lol .. whoops I read it way too fast haha

My bad, you can click this link for a reply from another one from Saginaw I helped...
http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...30-michigan-rebanding-info-6.html#post2113121

If you have any problems let us know, Ive helped reprogram a lot of home patrols especially since rebanding as many people that have contacted me dont have any idea how to or are most often "very hesitant" about doing so as they are afraid they are going to mess up their expensive radio.
Im in nearby Bay City .

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
Doh! lol .. whoops I read it way too fast haha

My bad, you can click this link for a reply from another one from Saginaw I helped...
http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...30-michigan-rebanding-info-6.html#post2113121

If you have any problems let us know, Ive helped reprogram a lot of home patrols especially since rebanding as many people that have contacted me dont have any idea how to or are most often "very hesitant" about doing so as they are afraid they are going to mess up their expensive radio.
Im in nearby Bay City .

thanks - I'm a Buckeye (Ohio) and just went thru this with Ohio MARCS - but it was worse...

Visit MI rather frequently FWIW.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok, after further checking it looks like I was suppose to update HPDB and then write to Home Patrol is this correct?
That's correct, but see below.
My date is 12/12/2011
I thought I had updated, maybe I did something wrong. Can you enlighten me on the correct way to do this.
If that database date, 12/12/2011, is the date on Sentinel on your PC, and it does not update to 01/19/2014 (01/26/2014 presuming you update sometime tomorrow, after the weekly RadioReference download by Uniden), then you may have the old version of Sentinel. Current version is 2.02 (revision 4). (Check the version in Sentinel by clicking Help->About.) If you need to update Sentinel, you can get that here.

N8IAA

My date is 12/12/2011

You are 2 1/2 years behind in the database on your scanner. You need to run an update to the computer, then upload it to the SD card in the scanner. Then update the file in your favorites list for Saginaw and save it to the favorites list. Then you will be hearing what you want.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.